Reaction score
Trophy No.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/9550930.stm

Looks like from next season the F1 coverage will be back to advert breaks and shoddy presenters again :(

I don't know what the viewing figures are for F1, but I would imagine with three British drivers and some of the most exciting racing I have seen an all my years watching Formula 1, it's got to be worth keeping it on the BBC for the licence payer.

You can almost guarantee that the three races that the BBC have scheduled to show will be the bare minimum of coverage with below par information given to the viewer.

With regards to the coverage on Sky, what I suggest they do is put a window within the screen when the adverts are on then no one would miss any action. I saw this method used in Spain and it works perfectly.

My main concern is that the sport will loose its platform for showing it to people who might not watch it. I know a lot of people who are not necessarily petrol heads, but will still sit down on a Sunday and watch the race with a few mates.

I got rid of Sky sports because I realised all of the motorsport I watch is on the free sports channels. Looks like I will be getting Sky sport again :roll:

Reaction score
Looks like I'll have more free time on Sundays from next year! Sky's not getting my patronage. What a shame, a terrible decision imo. Ecclestone will get even shorter now with the weight of the extra cash in his wallet, mercenary midget!

At least I can follow it on French telly (bad presenters but good HD)

On the bright side, maybe BBC will now cover more bike racing?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Unfortunately I need my fix, so I will just stump up the readies. :lol:

But I know there will be a lot of fans out there who will just walk away. I love Eccelstones' statements all through the year about how "we must make Formula 1 more accessible" and "we must improve the show". Well done =D> #-o

Reaction score
As motoring enthusiasts we're obviously going to be biased but to be fair to the BBC they only have a limited amount of money to spend and they've made a decision which they think is best for everyone.

At least they've managed to secure at least some live coverage so now it's down to people to make their decision - stump up the cash for Sky or listen to radio commentary. Do we have the right to expect F1 on free-to-air TV???

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Really disappointing this, I just don't have the words to describe my feelings towards that poison dwarf. What was it someone said, something along the lines of beware of what he doesn't promise not what he does. He must have a few more bribes to pay.

Reaction score
Watch it online, I've not had over the air tv for a few years and haven't missed a race. And with iPlayer could even pause it to go the loo or get a drink, though I suspect the race on iPlayer is at risk now.