Reaction score
new to the forum and currently driving/selling my beloved mk5 golf gti edition 30 fully built by REVO to stage 2 334hp 341ftlb, I would post a link to my build thread but not if it doesn't comply with forum rules and I don't want to annoy the admin/mods just yet

Cut a long story short me and the misses want to buy our first house at Christmas so my pride and joy has to go, with it being 7 years old and quite high milage now I'm going to loose serious money if I keep it 2 more years. but I'm leaving myself £4K to buy a fun car that looks the part and is also a limited edition car again, which brings me to the 182 trophy.

I'm not a spammer or a dreamer, I've got a 520+ post build thread and over 1500 post count in my forum, I also attend local monthly meets and help other members out in person and in the forum. i think forums are great ways to learn and make good friends in the car scene

I Couldn't just drive a s**t car for 18 monthes or so till we're settled in our house, I will be buying a mk7 golf R in 18 though so this will be a fun project to keep going until we recoupe some cash back together.

i know it's probably been posted thousands of times but I'm just after info on things to look out for when viewing, issues with the car, cambelt and water pump due, I know the Sachs suspension needs rebuilding, when?

all help and info will be appreciated. I will be modding this one slightly, I won't be spending £6-7.5k though like I did on the edition 30

My plans are

engine:

k&n panel filter
fog light cold air feed
decent plugs NGK ?

general clean up

suspension brakes:

clio 200 cup brembos
brembo discs and pads
hel red braided lines
superpro bushes
engine mounts
yokohoma ad08r legal track tires

interior:

OMP deep dish steering wheel
OMP harnesses with harness
Omp harness bar

I will look forward to speaking to you all and possibly meeting some of you soon
jake

Reaction score
Trophy No.
What mods and admin? it's a free for all here so fire away on the pictures. I could bang on and post links to threads for the info you want but tbh with a little careful searching it's all here.
I would say that £4k is a little low if you want a good one. They do seem to have gone up in value recently.

Reaction score
Hey mate, what's a good price for the spec I'm after?

full history
tax and test
Rebuilt Sachs
cambelt and water oumo

i know they all come with cruise buckets and turinis so that's a bonus.

Will have a search now in common issues etc :up:

Reaction score
hello, welcome :D

depending on what you are planning on using it for, i would not put uprated engine mounts on it, most people recommend refreshing them with oem

if you are only replacing the panel filter you will not need a cold air feed from the fog light?

Reaction score
hello, welcome :D

depending on what you are planning on using it for, i would not put uprated engine mounts on it, most people recommend refreshing them with oem

if you are only replacing the panel filter you will not need a cold air feed from the fog light?
hi mate thanks for the welcome :up:

I live out in the sticks and drive 13 miles down country roads and back lanes to and from work so a tight set up with good acceleration is my aim. For the power my golf has and the set up it's at I don't use the car enough to benefit from it. Doesn't even get warm enough to give it some pushing unless I go for drives after work. Which has brought me to a trophy, some friends said CTR ep3 but I think they look crap and don't want to be classed as a boy racer with the rest of the halfords crew haha.

Ive replaced the engine mounts in my edition 30 to minimise the movement and also flex in the exhaust but I surpose there isn't enough torque in the trophy to cause any issues so now I agree with oem replacements. New to this clio stuff you know haha.

I was planning on a ITG panel filter with a cold air feed to maximise the flow, not a fan of after market intakes as the noise droans to much for me.

Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the forum,

5K might be a more realistic figure for a trophy with a good spec,If 4K is your budget then i would suggest a 182 cup may fit your requirements just as well.

Reaction score
I'll push for £5K for a good example buddy, just take it out of the golf sale :p.

Reaction score
Just means I'll have to wait till the golfs sold before I pick up a trophy

Reaction score
£5K it is then for a basic start, anyone want to buy a stage 2 edition 30? Lol

Reaction score
looking forward to buying one now, been readings tonnes about them online all weekend and this morning :up: