New Suspension All Round?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Hi All,

I am having a bit of a brain fade moment and wondering if anyone can help.

I want to have my suspension refreshed all round and buy new. I know I am going to struggle to get the front dampers, and mine were refurbished in 2018 (frustratingly the previous owner didn't have them powder coated and stickers replaced when he had them serviced) - So I am going to send the front off to BG to have them re-done and painted etc but I cannot remember for the life of me what springs and rear dampers I need or where I can get them from.

Apologies for the idiot question...

Cheers

Forbes

Reaction score
Rears are Sachs also but no longer available:(
Koni adjustables are a popular alternative or just stick Clio cup ones on.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Hey Forbes. Not good news I'm afraid as none of the items you want are now available from Renault!
Most of the bushes, Wishbones and bits and bobs that you would normally refresh at the same time are available from Renault or aftermarket so no problem there.
Rear Dampers: No longer available from Renault, you may find some on Ebay but will be uber expensive. Options, Cup version, Koni or Koni revalved from Mark Fish
Front springs, particular to the Trophy are NLA, you just missed the second group buy of some remanufactured versions, someone may be persuaded to part with these. There are are other options but I can't comment.
Rear springs, these are just normal Cup springs but again NLA. Options available but again I've not used so.....
For both front and rear, unless you can source good nearly new I would suggest the Mark Fish units, these were developed on and for use on the Trophy and a fair few on here recommend and have them fitted.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Thanks Hoolio,

Looks like I'll give Mark Fish a call later then!

Does anyone know if they change the characteristics of the car much? Hopefully, coming from Mark they will be excellent for all round use!

Reaction score
What’s the difference in height between eibach sportlines and the eibach mark fish spring?
I plan on running koni adjustable on the rear with eibach sportlines with the front Sachs on eibach sportlines as well. How does it compare to the mark fish spring setup? Same for road compliance and height?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Tom if you do a search here you will get a selection of views as regards handling but generally they work well with the Sachs set up and lower the car slightly which looks good. As always if you get to talk to Mark, always a good informative chat.

Reaction score
It's a disgrace they can stop making these items that make the car what it is and I'm still on the hunt for new rears to go with the fronts I have just had refreshed.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
It's a disgrace they can stop making these items that make the car what it is and I'm still on the hunt for new rears to go with the fronts I have just had refreshed.
I kinda agree having a vested interest but these cars are 15 years old now and the market is tiny.
By all accounts the Cup rear struts are not a million miles away from the Sachs when put on a test bed.

Reaction score
Seems some are equally as happy with the eibach sportlines. matched with the Sachs fronts and koni rears.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Thanks Gambit,

I've noticed that there are the Sportlines or the Pro Kit.

The Pro Kit springs are black and apparently drop the car 30mm all round whereas the Sportlines are red and drop the car 45/50mm on the front and 30mm on the rear.

Does anyone have the Pro Kit on their Trophy?

I don't want it to look lowered and I think 45/50mm will be obvious?

Reaction score
Interesting topic,

I'd like to see Trophy owners do the "Pepsi Challenge" with Eibachs own Sportlines vs Mark Fish Eibachs and the Sach rear dampers vs Cup rear dampers.

I'll stick my neck out here and say i'm willing to bet from the drivers seat, theres almost zero difference apart from placebo effect.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Interesting topic,

I'd like to see Trophy owners do the "Pepsi Challenge" with Eibachs own Sportlines vs Mark Fish Eibachs and the Sach rear dampers vs Cup rear dampers.

I'll stick my neck out here and say i'm willing to bet from the drivers seat, theres almost zero difference apart from placebo effect.

IIRC Rik did a back to back dyno test on the Cup and Sachs rears and they were as near as damnit the same.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
The rear or the Clio is so light that different springs as long as they are close and allow a similar travel will probably not be noticed by most of us either, as long as she can cock that inner leg the rear will be doing what it was designed to.