Reaction score
Just curious, My car is going back to Renault tomorrow to fnally get the creaking noise fixed... Only its 4th Trip to dealers!

Was under the bonnet this evening and noticed when the ignition is on there is a loud buzzing sound coming from the engine (Somewhere under the inlet manifold) Call me crazy but was sure this noise normally only fired up whilst fuel pump primes when first put ignition on? Can someone check this on their motor and let me know if I have a problem? (Can only be heard with the bonnet up)

Now I do have a 172 an it doesn't do it on that. only firesup with fuel pump then goes off..... Any help appreciated as if a problem I can raise with the dealer tomorrow.

Kev

Day

Reaction score
Nik's Trophy did this.

Think it's normal, the buzzing is probably a warning hazard to prevent junior mechanics from electrocuting themselves...

Reaction score
:lol: Forget the warning it should just electrocute them.... My dealer is just a waste of space.... Looking like another kick of session tomorrow for such an easy job.

Taking it the buzzing is normal - Just the throttole body as fly by wire?? Rather than manual like MK1

Day

Reaction score
I asked Nik what the noise was when we had the bonnet open on his last year sometime.

He said it was normal.

Like you say, my non fbw doesn't do it.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
i don't get a buzzing, but of course your description is subjective. I may have the noise.....

i've noticed i'm getting a noise when switching the car off - sound like a turbo slowing down.... it's not the fan so stumped me.

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Both my 172 MK2 and Trophy have / had an audible tone with the bonnet raised when the ignition is on.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Cue said:
i don't get a buzzing, but of course your description is subjective. I may have the noise.....

i've noticed i'm getting a noise when switching the car off - sound like a turbo slowing down.... it's not the fan so stumped me.

I get this some times, was so loud once me and claire just looked at each other and started laughing, sounded like we'd just come into land. :)

Reaction score
I think the 'turbo' noise you here when you turn off the engine could be the air conditioning compressor. It only lasts a couple of seconds and you don't get it if you have the a/c off.