Reaction score
Black twin-five spoke wheels
Lowered ? coilovers
Black 16v bullets
3/4 reg

Reaction score
Oh hai,
Yes I was there, as I am most days. I'm the blonde thing that works in the pet department

Nnever seen another trophy round cambs. Compomotives, not twin 5spokes though

Reaction score
Oh hai,
Yes I was there, as I am most days. I'm the blonde thing that works in the pet department

Nnever seen another trophy round cambs. Compomotives, not twin 5spokes though

Welcome! What suspension do you have as it's incredibly low? Looks mean BTW!

Reaction score
Just ktec Coilovers.

When I bought it, the Sachs were totally ruined. The Coilovers were cheaper than getting the sachs fixed.

I know a few people on here might not like the idea that Iv taken them off. But hey ho :)

Reaction score
Just ktec Coilovers.

When I bought it, the Sachs were totally ruined. The Coilovers were cheaper than getting the sachs fixed.

I know a few people on here might not like the idea that Iv taken them off. But hey ho :)

Ktec coilovers seem remarkably inexpensive at around £300? How does it handle?

Any other mods lurking?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Just ktec Coilovers.

Don't worry about changing things on your car. I can only speak for myself but you are more than welcome to change the suspension on your own car. I think the whole cliotrophy.co.uk members are stuck up ar$eholes and don't like to change anything about their cars is a self perpetuating myth started out of jealousy and now only occasionally stoked by a few people who like the idea of it being true for their own entertainment. I have changed a few things on mine and people have only ever been interested in how it makes the car feel froma driving perspective (marrow included).

Think you had a cup the last time I met you in Peterborough, would be good to see another Trophy at some of the East Anglia meets.

Reaction score
pyjurydy.jpg

budu2ynu.jpg

hegehe8e.jpg

ymeve8ad.jpg

I never drove it on the Sachs,
The other half drove it back, so I can't compare. But, it handles amazingly on the ktecs. Took it down the Backroads from bury to hAverhil and it just stuck.

The only reason i signed up is because a friend posted a link to this thread.

Iv already had stick for changing my car elsewhere.

But it's my car. I paid for it. I do what I want.

The comps are coming off and being sold on the cup. F1s going on.

Would be nice to see you hodgy :) we sort something out yes?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
We have the annual meet, but not much else, I have been out and met up with marrow a couple of times and a chap that came over from Northampton, but that's over two years. I think there are a few more around Cambridge now so we could get some people together. Being a rare car and the fact that people are busy with their own lives you tend not to have time to take an entire day out just to look at cars. I'm all booked up this month with holiday, wedding, stag do and visitors. I'm off to a rolling road day in October at FMS near Medelsham on the 14th if you fancy tagging along? It's a CS thing but it would be nice not to be the only Trophy there.

Reaction score
I have a fair few people around cambs, not trophies.
Tbh im not fussed about seeing cars, I like meeting people.

Rr day is one of dannyr's events I think, him and I do NOT see eye to eye.
I think his attitude is disgusting.

Im sure we can organise something.
I'm more into doing social things, meet up and do something instead of stand round the cars.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Don't worry about changing things on your car. I can only speak for myself but you are more than welcome to change the suspension on your own car. I think the whole cliotrophy.co.uk members are stuck up ar$eholes and don't like to change anything about their cars is a self perpetuating myth started out of jealousy and now only occasionally stoked by a few people who like the idea of it being true for their own entertainment. I have changed a few things on mine and people have only ever been interested in how it makes the car feel froma driving perspective (marrow included).

Who's stuck up their own a-holes then? Tbh I think a the T is what and how it was developed by Renault and once you remove the Sachs dampers it becomes less than that. Having said that owners can do what they want to their own property and with the absurd prices charged by BG for an un guaranteed refurb I personally have no beef and understand that people make the decision to go non OE and I don't think anyone on here will argue with that opinion. You argue there is a self perpetuating myth that I don't believe exists anymore and almost by referring to it you are actually keeping it going.

Reaction score
I got the trophy for amazing money, £3500 because of the suspension and few little bits that needed doing.
I like to have things how I want them.
And I don't like the ride height.

Everyone including me loves my car the way it is.

Oh... Hodge ... It's number 50 btw. Forgot to mention that.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
My bad, I will never refer to it again, sorry hoolio.

:) I am definitely an old fart flat earther but like everyone am more than a little disgusted at BG and at the end of the day well it's a quick french shopping trolley (but special)

Reaction score
This is the thing.

I'm looking to buy a house, and the car needs to come second to that.
Whilst I still want it to look top notch, I can't justify the money they want for a refurb.

But Iv sold them anyway, £200.
Which means the Coilovers pretty much paid for themselves.
I'm only 24, working in retail I'm not on a fantastic wage.
Have to make do with what I can. But I'm happy with it.

Shame my door handles are pink :(

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Hey man, no problems :up:

I haven't had a problem with BG, they serviced the dampers and they have been perfect ever since. I was a little miffed by the price but I couldn't go anywhere else when I had them done. Looks like there is another option now with the Twingo dampers.

I find if I go along to Clio meets I have the highest riding car there, even though it should be one of the lowest as standard :rolleyes:.

Reaction score
Im still about with my T in Cambs too. If there is any meets being sorted with a few owners im more than happy to pop along.