Reaction score
ive owned no#51 for just over 2 years and loved it, best car ive ever had in fact. its was when i was at silverstone for the british grand prix and saw this clio 200 albi blue with cup chassis and the recaro seats i went wow. in the flesh it does look lovely pics dont do it justice. so looked on autotrader on the mobile and found one with all the same spec. went on tuesday to look at it drove it then brought it and i collected it on thursday. it has tons of grip even in the wet. you can really feel that extra weight though and though the clio has done just over 3000 miles im sure theres even more to come once engine has loosend up. so this is the ff clio 200 with cup chassis and those awesome recaros, colour is albi blue, the same as the evo magazines long termer. i may of getting cup spoiler and maybe the satin black alloys but im not in a rush for these. i do miss my trophy though more than i thought i would :(

Attachments

• clio 200 3.jpg
    clio 200 3.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 1,848
  • clio 200 2.jpg
    clio 200 2.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 1,821
  • clio 200 1.jpg
    clio 200 1.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 1,828

Renaultsport

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Does look nice! They have grown on me since I first saw them, just can't bring myself to change the T just yet.

Looking at your forum username, you'll have to change it now! ;)

Reaction score
if i had more space i rekon i would of kept the t atleast til the end of summer, ive just picked up my grandma up took her to my dads and came back, she couldnt get out of the seats bless her. think its going to be a pain to clean specially the black front bumper, going to be a nightmare :?

Jay

Reaction score
Congrats

Another Trophy owner taken the plunge to a 200:)

Wonder how many of us there are now!!

Reaction score
Trophy No.
ben182trophy said:
think its going to be a pain to clean specially the black front bumper,

TBH that is THE first thing that popped into my head on first seeing the 200, how the hell do you keep that clean and swirl free.

And by the way Jay i was wondering what the smell was around here recently :wink:

Jay

Reaction score
The bumper is a sod to keep clean. As in my other post, that was the spot that got hit with bird poo and did some serious damage. Got it out eventually but after only owning the car for 5 weeks, I wasn't best pleased.

Reaction score
I'd love a 200. Seeing everyone convert is making me jealous. Love the yellow rev counter and the beep.

Reaction score
Jamie said:
I'd love a 200. Seeing everyone convert is making me jealous. Love the yellow rev counter and the beep.

yeah rev counter looks ace and the beep is brilliant, i love the steering reach also and with the recaros adjustable ive got my perfect seating position, in my trophy it was like being in a transit van :( . just gave the 200 a clean and tried out that autoglym high def wax- its fantastic, still need to learn its limits on the road but i will say the 200 feels similar to the t, you have to go in full attack mode to get the best from the engine ever so chasing that 7500 rpm redline, thats fine by me :D

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Right I'm going out to get one tomorrow, the beep and rev counter sound brilliant.

Reaction score
ben182trophy said:
Jamie said:

yeah rev counter looks ace and the beep is brilliant, i love the steering reach also and with the recaros adjustable ive got my perfect seating position, in my trophy it was like being in a transit van :( . just gave the 200 a clean and tried out that autoglym high def wax- its fantastic, still need to learn its limits on the road but i will say the 200 feels similar to the t, you have to go in full attack mode to get the best from the engine ever so chasing that 7500 rpm redline, thats fine by me :D

Had mine for 3 months and can say it is easier to get to the limit in the 200. Feels a bit more composed.
Saying this though, saw a pic of my old T the other day and I do miss it a bit. Wish I could've kept it as well, no regrets though :)

Reaction score
Jay said:
Wonder how many of us there are now!!

Absolutely loads!!!

With Renault offering a 200 Cup for £199 a month over 2 years, mine nearly got swopped as well lol ... half of CS ordered them i think :lol:

Reaction score
Does anyone know what the weights of a 200 Cup and Trophy are?

Reaction score
Very nice car, I like the 200 a lot.

Though you don't need to replace the Trophy to get a yellow rev counter

f865901b.jpg
37cd0790.jpg

Reaction score
Loving the yellow rev on the Trophy j333evo I see you have sorted the steering wheel out to, mine has started the bubble and go rough.

Reaction score
J333EVO, really like the steering wheel refurb with the red centre point, would you mind me asking where you got it done and how much it cost.

much appreciated,

Nick

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I'd love one for every day driving. Fantastic cars.

But I would bet money you will miss the rawness / fast-feeling nature of the T.

I just couldn't love the 200 I drove. Felt far too sensible.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Nick.Greenwood said:
J333EVO, really like the steering wheel refurb with the red centre point, would you mind me asking where you got it done and how much it cost.

much appreciated,

Nick
To buy new, it costs about £300 for the wheel and airbag unit PLUS fitting on top of that. I want it too but not for that price.

Reaction score
My steering wheel was retrimmed by a guy on CS, or at least a contact of a guy on CS who used to work for Aston Martin. It's beautiful leather, feels brilliant unlike the in his words terrible fake leather Renault use on their wheels.

It cost £150 & is worth every penny.

Unfortunetly I don't think he's doing it at present as I wanted my integrale &. FTO steering wheels trimmed by him.

There is another guy on CS who does it & although I've not seen one & everyone who gas one likes them it doesn't look quiet as good in pics.