My Trophy coming out of isolation

Reaction score
Trophy No.
It's been a long time coming but my pride and joy is being resurrected after being in a bodyshop for almost 2 years having minor bits done as a in between private job.

Have a huge stack of parts to fit when she returns but wondering what the common issues are with these after such a long period off the road?

The car has covered well over 125k miles but has been religiously serviced and had extensive engine work and suspension overhaul prior to go into the bodyshop.

To say I'm eager for its return is an understatement!

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
I wouldn’t expect to see any issues as long as the battery is still ok. Mine spent 1 year on the ramp whilst I carried out some extensive work on the suspension and drivetrain. It started again on the first turn of the key. After 2 years it would benefit from some fresh petrol and an oil change.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
As above really, service and fresh petrol, make sure the battery is charged and double check the bushes etc for rubber deterioration and you should be good to go.

Also - if it's been stagnant for that long, check the tyres - these could flat spot if parked and not moved, with slight pressure seepage.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Great stuff thanks. It did have a Yuasa battery fitted a few months before it went in so hopefully will be OK after a trickle charge.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
After 5-6 years without much movement my bearings weren't in great shape. They were knackered to be honest. Worth giving those a check over just to be on the safe side.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Went to see it this morning and it's going to take some serious work to get it back to its former glory. It sadly has had a new drivers door after being damaged in situ (the old door had several dents anyway) but electric window not operating from the switch. Other than that it will just need time.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Went to see it this morning and it's going to take some serious work to get it back to its former glory. It sadly has had a new drivers door after being damaged in situ (the old door had several dents anyway) but electric window not operating from the switch. Other than that it will just need time.
check the fuse but the window regulators are prone to giving up on the 182's. It's actually a fairly easy fix with a replacement part.

Whip of the door trim, and it's a bolt off and on job.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
He tried the electrics from the new door and from my old without success but seems that the motor is functional when powering it directly from a power source. My brother is very good with electrics so will have a closer look when it arrives on Monday. Luckily I've asked to keep the door trims off too for ease of access. The wing mirror motor was working on the switch ok. Other than that it requires a very thorough clean, MOT and belt kits being replaced, only seems like 5 minutes they were last done but was actually 2015.

Reactions: Cue