Reaction score
Trophy No.
So I've been doing a few more miles in the T recently and this morning after being on the receiving end of some serious road rage AGAIN and tbh not being your stereotypical boyracer hoonhoodlum I'm beginning to wonder if it's the car that attracts a little bit of extra unwanted attention or is it actually all down to me?

Anyone else any thoughts/experiences?

Reaction score
tbh, i dont think 90% of ppl even know what one is :p, all the ppl where i work that i told i have one, were all "errr a what"

Reaction score
Trophy No.
tbh, i dont think 90% of ppl even know what one is :p, all the ppl where i work that i told i have one, were all "errr a what"

You're right, but you miss my point, I was referring to what most people actually see, a little red hot hatch, almost the to obvious red rag to a bull or do I just meet more than my fair share of tools or is simply overtaking someone now a crime that requires the overtaken to follow you for two miles flashing lights, waving arms wildly whilst trying to climb into my boot at 50mph and inviting me to pull over.

Reaction score
I have always assumed it because they know it is/was a £15000 car that has just over taken their 3 series, A5 etc that cost £30000, and this annoys them, the worst one I had was an ginger ST focus. he was livid.

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
You're right, but you miss my point, I was referring to what most people actually see, a little red hot hatch, almost the to obvious red rag to a bull or do I just meet more than my fair share of tools or is simply overtaking someone now a crime that requires the overtaken to follow you for two miles flashing lights, waving arms wildly whilst trying to climb into my boot at 50mph and inviting me to pull over.

Ye i'm afraid you probably just looked like a boy racer, especially with the loud exhaust. Sadly it's the image that goes with this car for the majority of narrow minded people.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Trophy No.
182's are cheap enough for Jeremy Kyle fodder to buy nowadays, chav car :(

Reaction score
Still a bizarre reaction to an overtake! Maybe they wanted you to pull over for a look at the car..... On the other hand, you never know what's going on in people's heads these days; best to stay as far away as poss. Oh dear, what is becoming of good old Blighty :-(

Reaction score
Trophy No.
The truth of the "overtake" is even more mundane, he was stuck in traffic waiting at a roundabout and i coming up behind rechanged lanes to go around the queue, I spotted him peel out in in the rear view and come tanking after me. We all get annoyed with others drivers and there do seem to be some shockers around but not even if someone seriously endangered me would I do what he had done, just slightly unhinged really.
Was just wondering if others had had experiences that were maybe nothing to do with the driving and maybe to do with how the car is perceived.
And Jeff I did pull over as I was getting irritated and I new a bottleneck/lights were coming up and wanted to be out of the car for any "chat" (foolish I know but I recall what happened to Badger) He just drove on by!

Reaction score
My incident was ridiculous, I was in the correct lane and about 10 metres ahead of this van both doing about 30mph ,he comes tearing down the inside swearing and flashing his lights then keeps hoofing his brakes whilst calling me a wanker in front of me, overtake him on the dual carriage way and he tries to swerve into the side of my car, stop for the red lights and next thing I know he's out of his van kicking my door and punching me in the head, he gone fined quite a bit and had to pay for repairs after lengthy court processes, but yea I think some people just see red regardless of how you're driving even if youre just pootling about being sensible people assume you're a hooligan, really pisses me off! Regularly get sworn at and beckoned to slow down when I'm doing 35 up the road to our house which is a 40 limit! The noise and look of the car seems to wind a lot of every day people up!!

Reaction score
^^ The van man couldn't handle the racecar. He saw the lack of rear seats and thought damn Trophyvan taking his business.

On a more serious note, I've not been the victim of any major roadrage from another driver while owning the T. Young hoodlums however....

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Well the language he was using was clearly some kind of gaelic but it never occurred to me it may have been french.

Reaction score
We drive around the same area hoolio and I've personally not come across anything yet. I don't entirely slip under the radar (I get quite a few looks) but never had anything said or done to me.

If I'm out for a drive I certainly don't hang around, so maybe that's kept me out of the way a little.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I've said it before, and I'll say it again :

IT'S THE CAR.

I can drive my other car without anyone getting within 50m of my rear bumper. It happened to me on Saturday as I was heading out for a run with a mate. It was about 7:30am, I filled up at the local shell garage, the cashier put me in a really good mood by asking about the car and was more than happy to listen to me drivel on about it. Anyway, I got to a set of cross roads behind an i30, the lights went green, we set off and got up to 30mph. All of a sudden a Black Volvo V50 R Design pulls out of the lane beside me because he couldn't be bothered to wait and gets right up my chuff trying to force me into going faster.

This happens pretty much every day now.

I rarely drive with my lady on board but the other day she experienced it first hand. This particular plonker had been in my boot for about 30 seconds already and I was just sticking to the 30mph limit and ignoring him. All of a sudden my girlfriend looks in the passenger wing mirror and practically jumps out of her skin when she sees how close he is to us.

I love this car, but, and I know this is a strong word, I hate the way other road users treat you when you are driving it.

Reaction score
My other half gets it her Clio 200 and that's been debadged by the previous owner so I think its a Clio thing TBH.

I just wait until the road gets fun and then see if they can keep up lol :)