Reaction score
As a few people on here know last year I was the first customer to have Ktecs low pressure turbo kit fitted to my car. After a little while the turbo bug bit and I stripped the engine and rebuilt it using full forged pistons and rods as well as fitting a paddle clutch for good measure.

I'm now taking it a stage further and have the full original ktec conversion for sale.

This includes

Manifold
Turbo with coolant connectors
Down pipe
Intercooler
Full intercooler pipe work
Injectors
Brand new oil feed kit
Oil drain
Coolant hoses
Turbo spark plugs
Forge adjustable actuator complete with 2 springs (7-10psi and a 12-16psi)

It's everything you need to complete the conversion except the mapping.

It's covered just over 4000miles and has been faultless throughout.

When I first had the conversion done it was putting out 206bhp (@RStuning) since then the mapping has improved a bit, as such ktec are now getting 232bhp with there gen90 ecu and RStuning recently achieved 226bhp on the stock ECU. As such I'm confident that 210bhp is easily achievable.

I've been in contact with Paul at RStuning and he's willing to do the mapping on an hourly rate (as a favour to me) rather than the set £395 normal rate for custom mapping. It shouldn't take more than a couple of hours. Or you can purchase Ktecs exchange ecu.

This is a total bolt on kit for a 172 be warned though if your looking to fit it to a 182 you will need the additional link pipe from ktec.The only real ball ache of this conversion is the removal of the oil sump to have it tapped to accept the oil drain feed.

Obviously you will have the options for future upgrade with a low comp engine. Mine is currently putting out 267bhp 262 lb/ft but thats running a 2 1/4 exhaust system as well as the stock cat. Ryan K has a straight through system and is putting out 282bhp.

I'm not willing to post and insist the condition is assesed before purchase to make sure everyones happy,as an added bonus anyone who buys it from the north east I will give a hand to fit it free of charge (except for cups of tea and biscuits ) all in this is one of the cheapests way to get over 200bhp.

The kit is off the car now and I will post up some pics once I get a chance.

Any questions I'd prefer posted here rather than answering the same questions over and over again via PM.

Heres a link to the original thread on cliosport

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=403718

Cheers for looking,

Steve

A few pics

STP62412.jpg

STP62413.jpg

STP62414.jpg

STP62415.jpg

IMGP0343.jpg

Reaction score
Apologies for the cropped photos, not sure why it happend but I'm more than happy to email pics to anyone whose interested.

Reaction score
SOLD :)

Thanks for all the interest (you boring trophy enthuisiasts) :lol:

Reaction score
Trophy No.
TBH if I just had a normal 182 I would have been tempted and thought about it twice anyway. But I suspect most on here are a little loath to change the car that much, bolt on or not.
I didn't realise you were on the RTOC interesting thread over there though some of it is over my head.

Reaction score
I did actually comment in one of your threads on RTOC with a comment along the lines of "what you really need is a turbo trophy, now that would be awesome ;)" but it was a bit subtle and you didn't pick up on it. :D

TBH whilst I do appreciate that the Trophy is a bit special you wouldn't believe the effortless pace of the turbo conversion. Most people will tell you that it will wheel spin it's way into a ditch but credit where credits due the chassis copes easily with the conversion and the satisfaction of how many people totally underestimate it really is satisfying.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
iain.wilson182 said:
hi, are u open to offers am thinkin £1200 it is second hand and 4000miles is a few miles ,

For this asking price as well.

StevieH said:
I did actually comment in one of your threads on RTOC with a comment along the lines of "what you really need is a turbo trophy, now that would be awesome ;)" but it was a bit subtle and you didn't pick up on it. :D

I do try to keep a low profile over there, too many who really really know the 5 and I still consider myself the no nothing newbie ready to be torn to shreads if I say a wrong the wrong thing :)

Reaction score
Hoolio, stop being a softy.

RTOC is easily the best forum I've ever used, it's almost bell end free and the fact that most people run 5's means there of a mature age and you don't have to suffer the same drivel you get on cliosport.

TBH most of the lads are super switched on and any problems you encounter can normally be resolved pretty quick.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Lol I'm not that big a pussy but there's a lot to learn and I prefer to read and digest. You're right though it is pretty tool free apart from the handful of paranoid conspiracy theorists, who probably are right anyway :) and yes any problems I have had soon have a solution.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
StevieH said:
You attending any of the rtoc events this year?

Well I really want to get the old girl up to ND this year but otherwise I'm going to play it by ear as I work on saturdays and I can only get a limited number off. I do quite fancy doing one of the europe trips as they sound a laugh but depends on time.

Reaction score
See you at ND then, as I couldn't make it last year so have vowed to go to this years.