Reaction score
Drives better, a few more ponies on the power run (dyno'd) but........ The best bit... The sound is fuggin awesome !!! ;)(vowed never to use that word but nowt else would do)

image.jpg
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    824.3 KB · Views: 65
Reaction score
Good work. I think I was mistaken for you the other day as I only live down the road as I was asked if I had a Carbon bonnet and was down at K-tec. Clearly it was you:D

Reaction score
Yep was me- currently en route back home (SW France) will give it a good workout :)

Reaction score
I've been interested in getting this done along with ktec remap I'm planning, I just get worried with all the bad reviews of induction kits out there!

Reaction score
I've been interested in getting this done along with ktec remap I'm planning, I just get worried with all the bad reviews of induction kits out there!
Marginal gaine in power (if any) but improved (louder) noise

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Insane price for what can built by sourcing the bits on ebay yourself.

Reaction score
I thought that there was a fair bit of research including dyno results of IK vs Panel filter showing that the differences were nominal and that in certain conditions an IK gave worse results due to heat soak (think may have been a CS thread).
Conclusion is std airbox setup is very good and main thing you gain from IK is noise only.

Reaction score
If you want increased noise just pull the pipe off the airbox that goes to the acoustic valve.

Reaction score
I found that by accident once. Noticed my fuel economy halved for the pleasure !

Reaction score
Does any one have the exact dimensions then for the piping? Interested to see what it costs on ebay lol

Reaction score
What isn't made in China and sold here for profit these days?!

I've had first hand experience on the rolling road with one of these kits before and after, and it did genuinely make more bhp on the top end...whether or not you'd notice it on the road. Their remap did however make a noticeable difference in driveability on mine, with plenty more torque lower down the rev range. Money well spent.

I guess if you combined their remap and the extra noise/few bhp of the IK it would feel considerably faster.

Reaction score
That's quite a trip! How far door-to-door?
Just over 3000 kms in a week - not really the car for a trip like that but had to get a mot so I do it annually. For interests sake - I got 186 bhp peak on the dyno, it drives better imo and I got an average of 35.3 mpg for the trip. I'm happy with the results and for me - not overly pricey; can't buy a valve cap for my 997 for that price :)