Reaction score
Just got my Trophy back after a whole heap of maintenance work and I have to say Wow! I can't believe how much the car is transformed! She went in for a service, new discs and pads, refurbed front shocks from Cornering Force, new front springs and new front top mounts. I had the rear shocks replaced when I bought the car and sent the fronts off to Cornering Force with the plan to refit them in a couple of weeks. Simon turned the shocks round quickly but I've been crazy busy with work, so I've been knocking about with Cup suspension on the front and new Sachs on the rear for the past few months. Whilst this is an amusing combination if you like lift off oversteer, and who doesn't love lift off oversteer?! It's been a revelation getting the proper suspension back. The front end is way more responsive with a significant increase in grip. Surprisingly the steering is also massively improved, none of the slight vagueness that I'd not really appreciated was there until it was gone. There's also much more granularity to the steering with proper feedback on front end grip. If you're in two minds about whether to get your Sachs refurbed, or whether to run cheaper Cup suspension, don't hesitate on getting the Sachs refurbed.

For those of you living in or around the Midlands, I have donated my set of front Cup dampers to the garage that did the work so they can provide Club Members with a drive in drive out service whilst your dampers are off getting refurbed. Please contact Nick at Track Tek in Earls Barton and mention the Trophy Owners Club if you want to get yours done :)

haz

Reaction score
Just got my Trophy back after a whole heap of maintenance work and I have to say Wow! I can't believe how much the car is transformed! She went in for a service, new discs and pads, refurbed front shocks from Cornering Force, new front springs and new front top mounts. I had the rear shocks replaced when I bought the car and sent the fronts off to Cornering Force with the plan to refit them in a couple of weeks. Simon turned the shocks round quickly but I've been crazy busy with work, so I've been knocking about with Cup suspension on the front and new Sachs on the rear for the past few months. Whilst this is an amusing combination if you like lift off oversteer, and who doesn't love lift off oversteer?! It's been a revelation getting the proper suspension back. The front end is way more responsive with a significant increase in grip. Surprisingly the steering is also massively improved, none of the slight vagueness that I'd not really appreciated was there until it was gone. There's also much more granularity to the steering with proper feedback on front end grip. If you're in two minds about whether to get your Sachs refurbed, or whether to run cheaper Cup suspension, don't hesitate on getting the Sachs refurbed.

For those of you living in or around the Midlands, I have donated my set of front Cup dampers to the garage that did the work so they can provide Club Members with a drive in drive out service whilst your dampers are off getting refurbed. Please contact Nick at Track Tek in Earls Barton and mention the Trophy Owners Club if you want to get yours done :)

Hey Jibber that sounds like youve really benefited from the rebuild then? Im definitely due a rebuild on the old sachs - Im just so put off around the price - So how much did you pay? My other dilema is I need my trophy for every day driving which means i would need a spare set of dampers.... Thats a great thing youve done donating them cups to the garage, this means i can have a drive in and drive out service :)
You mentioned track tek? But i thought CF did the damper rebuilds? :S

Reaction score
Got mine done by simon, car feels a million times better, it used to bounce all over the place but very happy now!

Reaction score
Not a problem at all, I was looking for a drive in and drive out service and couldn't find one, so happy to help out other club members :)

Nick at Track Tek built and supported my slightly bonkers Nissan 200SX that we ran in the Nippon Challenge for the past 3 years. We've used Simon at CF to do all the race car kinematics and damper tuning & serving, so he was an obvious choice for getting the Sachs refurbed. So it was good to see people using him on here, he's a good guy and is always really straight about what does and does not need to be done.

My old race car, sadly now stripped and sold off in bits to pay for a new project for 2014

Mallory_2.jpg

3CCB2E26-5719-4489-897A-B46B2E8D7AAF-648-000000663FEEA323.jpg

Reaction score
I'll hook out the invoice and let you know on cost - I paid extra for powder coating cos I'm a tart :)

Also, don't think twice about getting them done. Sooo much better than knackered old Sachs or new Cups (although new cups are better than shot Sachs!)