Issue with Lower Balljoint bolts

Reaction score
They keep coming undone! I tightened them coz i was getting a knocking noise, which solved it, now the noise is slowly returning. The joints are new, as are the nuts and bolts, but the nyloc-ing bit isn't doing it's job. Does anyone know the torque required to tighten these? I'm going to buy new nyloc nuts and bolts in case the ones that come with the joints have an issue, and use threadlock too, hopefully tightening to the right torque will solve it.

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
75 NM for the Lower arm balljoint retaining nuts.

I would avoid using loctite as it is not specified, the nyloc alone is fit for purpose.

Reaction score
75 okay cheers, i'm drawn to threadlock purely because the new nyloc nuts and bolts are shaking loose. I've bought replacements from Namrick this time so should be better quality, and 270 high strength threadlock. I'll use a dab coz i don't want to have to keep jacking the car up to tighten these bolts!

Cheers break3, i'll bare that in mind :)

Reaction score
BenG said:

I would avoid using loctite as it is not specified, the nyloc alone is fit for purpose.

Not in this case.......

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Horatio said:
BenG said:

Not in this case.......

I did think that when I wrote it, what I should have said is that it 'should' be fit for purpose. If they are coming loose they are either not tight enough or perhaps there is grease around the bolt holes?

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Thanks mate,

It was taken on Wrynose pass in the Lake District. Good times :D

Reaction score
I'm not sure what it is, but i've just had some sexy new flanged nyloc nuts and high tensile M12 bolts turns up so i'll fit them with some loctite and 75nm, and hopefully that'll solve it...and i'll make sure there's no grease down there too! cheers lads.

Reaction score
Thanks for the information,just found this post my technorati news feed section! I was searching for this since past 3 months and i am glad to see it here. Thanking you much