Reaction score
It's approaching insurance renewal time so I thought I'd start an honesty thread. If I was being up front about modifications to the T I'd declare:

- Filter upgrade (ITG panel)
- Suspension upgrade without lowering (Koni rear dampers)
- Brake upgrade (Ferodo/Brembo)
- Exhaust upgrade (Pro-speed)

In doing so my premium takes an unsurprisingly significant increase. That's life.

If you choose not to declare modifications and you get found out you run the risk of not being covered in the event of a claim, surely that's understood by all. The question is..

How honest are you about your mods? (answers on the percentage scale)

Reaction score
I dont think you would need to declare the brake pads/discs or panel filter.

These items are consumables the same as tyres and you can change them when you want. As long as you dont change to bigger discs or calipers then dont worry.

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
100% honest

I declare everything, even down to the wheel bolts, it costs me £0 with Greenlight :D

If someone crashed into me and their insurance company found out that they hadn't insured something on their car and decided not to pay out I would have to claim off my own insurance which would make me very bloody unhappy!

Reaction score
Trophy No.
BenG said:
100% honest

I declare everything, even down to the wheel bolts, it costs me £0 with Greenlight :D

If someone crashed into me and their insurance company found out that they hadn't insured something on their car and decided not to pay out I would have to claim off my own insurance which would make me very bloody unhappy!

Second that - Greenlight seem to tolerate most modifications if not all!

Being in the insurance world (motor in particular) the risk you take not declaring modifications may pose a problem if the insurance company appoint a claims investigator to pay you a visit or the engineer picks up on the mods when inspecting your vehicle. Otherwise, if the subtle modification cannot be seen, who is to know it exists anyway!

Reaction score
I've declared everything, but I'm with Greenlight. Just told them I'll be fitting rear ARB, they just said- "yeah thats fine"

Reaction score
Renaultsport said:
I wish all insurance companies were that easy going!

They're awesome, never had to claim, but been with them 5 years now, took me all of 5min to renew quote over phone couple days ago. Overall cost came down £50 this year as well, which with how majority of policies prices going up I can't complain.