Reaction score
...what would it be, and why? No budget limits, but remember that although it will be given to you, you will have to fill it up with fuel and service it and this is your only car for the rest of your life, so if you EVER need a boot or have more than two friends, the Maccer isn't the obvious choice, and Thrust SSR a tad impractical for the school run.

Fire away.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Ok so i'm never going to be able to insure/service a supercar so they're out, the trophy is the best car i've ever owned the rest being company stodge, would love an exige but more practical, i do like like the focus st and now i'm going to take cover. :wink:

SCR

Reaction score
Steve Gunnis said:
...what would it be, and why? No budget limits, but remember that although it will be given to you, you will have to fill it up with fuel and service it and this is your only car for the rest of your life, so if you EVER need a boot or have more than two friends, the Maccer isn't the obvious choice, and Thrust SSR a tad impractical for the school run.

Fire away.

Gotta be the Aston V8 Vantage for weekends and a Lamborgini Diargo for weekdays - :lol:

Reaction score
Just one, RS4 Avant. Can fit all your junk in it and it still goes like the proverbial.

Must admit, it'd take a lot to persuade me to part with my Trophy though.

Reaction score
Steve Gunnis said:

Fire away.

I would consider giving up all my friends and the need for a boot for one of these :wink:
http://makeashorterlink.com/?M25625F2E
(Also see this http://makeashorterlink.com/?N2B626F2E)
It is an interesting question isn't it; the Trophy does take some beating though with your criteria.

Reaction score
Neophyte said:
Steve Gunnis said:

Fire away.

I would consider giving up all my friends and the need for a boot for one of these :wink:
http://makeashorterlink.com/?M25625F2E
(Also see this http://makeashorterlink.com/?N2B626F2E)
It is an interesting question isn't it; the Trophy does take some beating though with your criteria.

Oop, terribly sorry, just come. God that's an awesome video.

I tried not to make any criteria but they always creep in, besides if it was completely hypothetical, everyone would just pick supercars and it wouldn't be as fun. Anyway as you could probably tell, even though I tried not to make it leading, I was thinking today that I really wouldn't be that unhappy if it was the Trophy, so cheap to run, really fun handling, solid and relatively safe, predictable in the wet, five seats (two adults, three borrowers), a good size boot, 38mpg if you drive sensibly, easy to park, useable on any road and performance to embarass a lot of 'sports cars'.

I think when I eventually trade it in it'll be because I yearn for a V8 soundtrack and some power oversteer, although I'd like to hang onto it forever really. My choice - the Trophy.

Reaction score
Subaru Impreza Sport Wagon... either that or an Audi RS4 / BMW M5 / old bomb-proof merc

I'de really like one of those Bowler Wildcat Paris-Dakar racing monsters but I can't imagine the future missus taking it to tesco for shopping. Being a 4x4 the school run will be normal, i'm not too sure about ride comfort and it hasent got a rear window but with a few mods I reckon it could be a winner!

Reaction score
Gareth said:
RS4 convertible so i can be a hairdresser :wink:

These RS4's really are popular, are they really that much better than an M5? Not much lighter that's for sure, although they did shed 50kgs from the S4's weight so pretty good going.

Did you not read the reviews on the convertible one Gareth? They were terrible, apparently it's got the rigidity of a wet blancmange and has lost all of it's dynamic ability. And it's a hairdresser's car. :lol:

Edit - I just read another review and it's not that bad, seems EVO aren't huge soft-top fans.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
toss up between a Bowler Wildcat or an M5. Probably the M5 but i'd love the wildcat for a w/e play across someone's lawn :)

Reaction score
'fraid I'm in the RS4 avant camp too.

Nearly bought an RS6 avant some time ago, but the 4's a better bet froma driving point of view.

Gotta say thou, the servicing bills on an RS6 are eeeeeeenormous, I know someone who had a 993 Turbo, and an RS6, and the Audi was dearer to run!

Reaction score
Neophyte, the GT3 vids were great. I saw a white on in the flesh at the Ring a month ago... really nice looking car. I'll post some pics if I can for you.

So no budget limit, but have to service and insure it, etc... and the Trophy is here to stay... humm...
I would go with my dreams, so buy a Williams and a V.

If I won the lottery, I'd get the above and an Aston Martin Vanquish and/or an Invicta!! and the house to go with it! plus a private track for fun WEs and evenings! :lol:

Reaction score
it would probably have to be a Dodge Charger 426 Hemi or a Plymouth Super Bee Hemi