I drove a GT2 today...

Reaction score
At 194mph! (not on the road of course - at bruntingthorpe)

You know a car is fast when it gets the traction control light flashing when you change into 4th gear at 130mph...

With my job i have experienced extremely fast cars all the time, but have never had a real chance at a high speed run. It is so hard to describe, but the amazing thing is how easily it got to 194mph... would have touched 200mph had there not been a barrier approaching me at over 80 meters per second! (do the maths!)

LOVE IT

Reaction score
actually, it was yesterday now - don't know why i wrote that title!

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
it's amazing how quickly the world passes at those speeds - once you get above 140/150 your brains processing speed is tested... i'ev only touched 200mph once, in a very quick Supera a few years ago, 1000+bhp jap import my mate brought over.... on a runway and even going straight feels unnatural - you need to be thinking hundreds of metres in front of you.

Reaction score
But I bet a trophy will kill it in the "twistlies" :^o

Reaction score
Fantastic. Was it a 997 or 996?

What is it that you do for a living that meant you got to do this? Im intriegued lol.

Reaction score
It was a 997 - one of their current press cars (the RHD silver one in all of the press shots)

I work for Caterham Cars as the Marketing Co-ordinator. A lot of what i do is taking cars to press events and liaising with the journos.

On this particular day i had taken our new Superlight R500 to do battle with a GT2. Luckily i know a lot of the journos pretty well so they let me have a play for a while.