Reaction score
I'm in the market for another Clio Trophy. Having had one before I know what there all about and think it would make a great weekend toy. I'm in no made rush but clearly wanna get the best one for my money. Ie dampers done if poss as well as good service history.
Is it worth looming for one with dampers done or look to get one and have them done myself. I've seen this and know they haven't been done. At 64k surely it's a must?
What would be looking to pay and I know everyone wants a bargin and for the seller to get the most they can but what do you think.

Marc

Reaction score
Seems relatively well priced to me. Some people have done big mileage without damper issues.

I just had to replace mine with some nice refurbed examples after one dropped its guts, and that was at roughly 44k miles.

Things to consider with that advert, is the exhaust warrenty transferable? Tyre life? You will be taxing it in 3 months too.

On the plus side BTM are very well respected so any car being serviced there you can be sure it has been looked after.

I am sure you could knock the seller down a bit.

Reaction score
Thanks big Dave yeah they are definately things to consider. Think the bloke has only had it a month or so. Was up for sale not that long again looking at the history on here.

Will see how much movement there is I guess or if anything else comes up for similar money.

Reaction score
I concur dampers dont always need doing @ set milage - it depends how it has been driven.
I also concur that service at BTM willl be as good as it can be, if in doubt give Fred a ring as he is a rather helpful person :)

Reaction score
Hi march,

This was the first Trophy I looked at when looking for mine.

Tom is a nice chap and the car is a nice looking example. He has owned this for about 3 months now. He has been given a job offer in Dubai so has to sell the car before he goes and I would presume would be open to offers now.
The car itself is in good condition and the passenger ride suggested to me it was also in fine fettle. A couple of things he does not mention in the advert are:
It has a carbon splitter,
Interior strips have been colour coded red as have the washer jet blanks and the rear boot release button,
It has a Richbrook gearknob fitted.

My problem with this purchase is that the same car was for sale for around £5000 before Tom bought it. He subsequently tried to sell it after 1-2 months of ownership, adding another owner to the record and some mileage for £5500. It is now back at £5000 but who knows what he actually bought it for. Most of the advert wording was taken from the previous advert including statements of him travelling to get the servicing done and I also believe the video he uses to advertise the car is not his own.

Whilst these are not bad things related to the car per se, it also somewhat gives me a bad taste and makes him a little dishonest. I was looking for a completely honest car for myself.
Milton Keynes is only about 60 miles away from Windsor though and I would say it would be worth visiting, so you don't have to take me word for it. I ended up travelling 250 miles to get my T.

Reaction score
Hi mate thanks for your reply and honesty. I all does sound very good but seems to have changed hands very quickly and as you say put more owners in the book.

I may go for a look and hold out im in no rush and this would be the first one that's interested me.

Reaction score
No worries.
I would say definitely worth a look. #219 will make a nice car for someone as long as he does not take the proverbial with the price. Some really nice subtly mods there. I will be respraying my interior trim red also after seeing it in this car.
I wouldn't worry about the fact he is moving it on quickly either. It did sound like a genuine reason that he did not know he was going to be leaving the country when he bought it.
Good Luck!

Reaction score
Yeah I've seen that one come up on cliosport. Looks like its got quite a few engine mods. Never had up rated cams on a car before they make much difference?

Reaction score
The way the car delivers the power will be different as it has also been mapped. Standard map on the 182's is a bit tosh, looking forward to getting mine mapped soon! Personally I would have it, mods don't bother me that much as long as they are performance orientated.

I have a yozza and absolutely love it.

No belts to worry about for another 4.5 years (or 72k)

At the price its a bargain.

Reaction score
Yeah does look like a good buy. Would you be worried at how much its been tracked if it has etc. Plus does depends on what condition the body work is in having been tracked etc. Says normal stone chips and no doubt the rear arches have also been affected.

SoS

Reaction score
It does look good value, I think they all have chips on the bonnet etc, mine has done 56k and I dont think it has seen the track and has a few stone chips and has some small chips on the rear arches. I was thinking about selling mine, looking at that price I may keep it as I would like to get £4k for it and it will probably need the Sachs done.

Reaction score
Being tracked does not necessarily equal stone chips.
You would actually end up with less or no stone chips from doing a trackday. The only time you would pick them up is if you end up in a gravel trap or someone has been off ahead of you and brought something back onto the track with them.
The rear arches are not that flared on the Clio so they are not so prone to stonechips as say a 911.

Reaction score
Yeah i guess so but all the clios I've had struggle with stone chips on the rear arches. In fact I think on my old trophy I brought clear protection the as on the 911s.

May be worth a look then ;)

Reaction score
Meh the cars are getting on for 7 years old. Stone chips mean it has been driven! Driven not detailed ftw.

Service history and proof of being maintained are way higher up my list of priorities!