High mileage fluid changes

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Managed to have a day free yesterday where I have managed to get lots of bits and pieces for the Trophy, which included new power steering fluid, gearbox oil and new drain plug / seal, fresh oil and all filters, throttle clean, new powerflex rear exhaust mounts and replacing a monkey chewed aerial and washer jet!

It's finally going to get the original cat replaced tomorrow and also having the rear modified to match the exhaust as I did previously.

Reason for post is to see if any of you have replaced the cat and whether you have seen a smoother idle / better running?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I noticed no change when my cat was changed. Lumpy idle and poor running have usually been lambda sensor related in my case (and faulty injectors).

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Ah, yes - that doesn't help come to think of it! :triumph: :tonguewink:

Oh dear, assume you have had some engine problems like me? In the 8 years of ownership I've had 3 cam belt changes, 4 aux belt kits, exhaust valves, water pump, dephaser and alternator bracket repair. All mainly down to the alternator issue followed by something smashing through the belt cover and damaging the aux belt pulley!

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I was a little shocked when I saw it up in Birmingham a few years back.
:( It's all been one big mess to be honest mate. Had I known just how many issues I'd be faced with I would not have continued as I have done. Alas, I went past that point of no return and the car owes me far too much now. Hindsight, eh? :)