Reaction score
Hi.
I have been having a few problems while driving like country type of
Roads not been impressed by the handling of my car :-(
I began to realise something ain't right coz ma old 182 handled better than this. Which isn't right.
Anyway cut a long story short.
I pushed down on the front passenger side it was really stiff
When a done the drivers front side the car was so bouncy it was unreal and made a kind of rubbing sort of noise wasn't a knock? Suspension got done last year maybe needed redone again or anything else it could be.? xx

Reaction score
Knackered. :(

Your symptoms are exactly what happened when my damper let go.

Who re-furbed them?

Reaction score
You have a few options, BG Motorsport at silverstone will do a refurb,Also Cornering Force are offering the same service,Finally Cooksport are now offering this at a very competitive price.

Most of these are in the south so any good local garage could remove the dampers for you,and then just send them to your chosen place.

If being without a car is not an option you could get the garage to fit a set of cup dampers for the time being and roll on them for a bit.

Hope this helps

CC :cool:

Reaction score
Take the dampers off and send them for a refurb. Or replace for coilovers or another alternative!

If you cannot do it yourself or know anyone that can help you. Probably have to find a way, i.e get a garage to do it for you.

That definitely sounds like a damper too, exactly what mine did as well.

Reaction score
If they were done at BG motorsport they did have a known issue of seals or something similar failing on them. You could ring them and ask where you stand, someone on here had theres redone after parts BG fitted had failed.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Also, a local member might be willing to help for a few beer tokens.

Reaction score
I was going to offer, as realisticly it only takes half an hour to remove fronts and rears, but then I saw your are the other end of the world from me!

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Half an hour for front and rear removal, would take me half an hour to get all my tools in line ;) But it is a relatively easy job to remove again. It's unlikely that BG will entertain any kind of cheaper re-repair as the car has changed hands. If you need to use the car you can fit cup dampers which are cheap and can be easily resold and then the sachs sent down to Bg or Cornering force.

Reaction score
Am being told its maybe the strut top or something now? Am getting sick eh it lol
Wish someone would just tell me for certain what it is lol
Lot eh hassle to send away to get reconditioned if it ain't that eh x

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Am being told its maybe the strut top or something now? Am getting sick eh it lol
Wish someone would just tell me for certain what it is lol
Lot eh hassle to send away to get reconditioned if it ain't that eh x

Who is saying that, what do they know about these cars? You have a bunch of people on here saying it's the damper and from your description I'd agree.

Reaction score
Perfect :)
My mate works in Renault. He's not took the damper off yet. But said the damper or the strut top. But more than likely the damper. It's getting checked out today anyway :)

Reaction score
If they were done at BG motorsport they did have a known issue of seals or something similar failing on them. You could ring them and ask where you stand, someone on here had theres redone after parts BG fitted had failed.

Yep that was me. The gas seal on the passenger has cracked and released the air after 6months/4k miles. They were sent back to BG Motorsport where Ben said they would re-do them as a good will gesture. Apparently they cannot offer warranty on the refurbishment. Something like that, but Ben was very understanding and I believe another person on here had the same issue. Must have been a faulty batch.

Reaction score
Its defo the damper! Trouble is people dont know enought about trophy's. Think there is a set of cup dampers on cliosport too if you need them. I reckon I can do all 4 in half an hour if there was a pie involved ;)

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Perfect :)
My mate works in Renault. He's not took the damper off yet. But said the damper or the strut top. But more than likely the damper. It's getting checked out today anyway :)

I know people from renault in edinburgh that dont even know what a trophy damper is and thats techs and parts department also so i would take it with a pinch of salt.
I for one would say that it was 100% the damper.

Your strut tops might be wearing but there has been a modification for them with a washer. Has yours had this done yet ?