Reaction score
I'm possibly going to upgrade to an Alpine HU and am also thinking about a set of Focal component speakers up front. Is anyone else running a similar setup and how does it sound?

Does anyone know if the Alpine power pack is any good?

I'm currently running a stripped rear so a sub & amp in the non-existent boot isn't an option but I am concerned that my planned setup might not offer enough bass. Are there any other options for beefing up the bass without a sub?

Tim

Reaction score
I have exactly this sort of setup in my Trophy.
The stereo boys fitted a small sub in the rear side panel
the sound is surprisingly good and bass is fine as long
as you dont want to shake your mirrors off.
Shane

Reaction score
On one hand I'm loathe to change the stereo as I'd like to keep it standard but on the other hand I am craving an improved sound source. As for the sub, I'm absolutely not going for a chav boom effect, I just want to make sure I get a nice balanced sound.

I'll probably upgrade the HU and components then see how it sounds, if I need to look at adding a little bass it's good to know there are options. I may be in touch regarding your rear side panel install!

Tim

Reaction score
If you want to retain the OEM look but want improved sound performance then you can do as I did and source a Clio 182 'full-fat' model Cabasse Auditorium unit which iirc is 4x40W rather than 4x20W and has a much richer sound overall. Though still not as good as a decent aftermarket unit works well enough and gives a noticeable improvement.

My car also came with better speakers, can't remember which now but have yellow cones on them plus an optional extra Renault parcel shelf with built in component speakers which is decent enough and has a multi-plug on it for quick release if removal is required.

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Running a Pioneer head unit with some expensive Ground Zero front and back speakers.

Ground Zero are mega in germany but never really picked up in the Uk and took off.

Reaction score
The good thing about the setup I have is that the
Renault controls still work.
The sound quality is much better than standard,which
admittedly is not hard.
Shane