Reaction score
As title,
Went down to see Nick at PureMotorsport today to have one of his nice new 182 manifold back systems fitted.

I chose to decat instead of use his option of a race cat, purely to keep costs down.

The system gave a proven 6.6 hp gain on the rolling road, back to back over stock on his own car. It sounds great, not too loud but nice and sporty. It is also a superbly made system and includes uprated mounts etc. Very well priced and a true straight through with a split rather than a shared exit muffler.

On the whole I'm really pleased and if anyone is in the market for am
exhaust it is definitely worth giving him a shout :)

Reaction score
Will get some up tomorrow once I've uploaded them to photobucket :)

Reaction score
Pure motersport are quality and their exhaust are designed for performance as apposed to 99% of the market who just sling together some old pipes. Their manifolds are a work of art, I want one bad!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 56
Reaction score
Saw Nicks race engine while I was there, with said manifold fitted. Absolute work of art.

You are right about the quality, top notch!

Reaction score
Looks like a great system, really well made & fantastic weight reduction with some meaty looking mounts. Not sure on the de.CAT as I was always under the impression the standard 182 CAT is a 200cell & flows well. The only restriction being the reduction in pipe diameter which makes the CAT heat up quicker to meet emissions targets as all cars now have had to move the CATS up to the manifold to get the fast heat up times required. The likes of Mark Fish Motorsport & BTB exhausts remove this restriction by welding a new section on with a much better mounting flange to get improved connection with the exhaust. You then have benefit of better flow & no problems come MOT time or if unfortunate to get pulled over at the random VOSA road side emissions testing sites.

SoS

Reaction score
That system looks nice, especially the rear mounts, they look a good solution compared with the crappy ones you can buy now. I am looking for a cat back for mine, so interested one of these.

Reaction score
Looks a quality system there,the only thing im not completely sold on is the tail pipe ends.

Personally i would like to see an inwardly rolled end much like the original rather than the slash cut ends but thats just personal preference.

Reaction score
There is shortly going to be a choice of tail pipes available. I know what you mean though. Something oe looking but a little larger would be ok I think

Reaction score
I just had a look at this on their website and I looks amazing! One of the best out there in my opinion. Definatly going to be a purchase in the near future.

Reaction score
Question about this. If I was to buy the de-catted version of this, would I have to swap over the entire exhaust for the MOT, because as far as I can tell they're not compatible with the standard cat. I don't fancy shelling out another £200 for the pms cat when it's no better than the standard.

Reaction score
Awesome looking exhaust. IMO there are 4 exhausts now that are just works of art. BTB, BTM, Orbisoud and now Pure Motorsport. Unfortunately mine is neither of them but is holding up well lol.

Reaction score
I just fitted a Pure Motorsport decat exhaust system to my Trophy (in place of a Milltek) and I have to say, its brilliant!!

I will post my own thread on it at the weekend, hopefully with some video footage and some pictures but I saw this thread and thought I would confirm what a great bit of kit it is! It looks the part, sounds epic and the service from Nick was faultless.

SoS

Reaction score
I just fitted a Pure Motorsport decat exhaust system to my Trophy (in place of a Milltek) and I have to say, its brilliant!!

I will post my own thread on it at the weekend, hopefully with some video footage and some pictures but I saw this thread and thought I would confirm what a great bit of kit it is! It looks the part, sounds epic and the service from Nick was faultless.

I came close to buying one a couple of weeks back, but bottled out due to cost. Nick was very responsive to my email questions, but I don't want a decat so it means nearly £800 for a full system. If they did a system using the original cat I probably would have gone for it.

I am still in the market for a new exhaust really, certainly need new rear mounts again!