Great Read - Not sure if someone has posted before ???

Oracle

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Believe the thinner lightweight glass on the 172 Cup is total BS.

Reaction score
Believe the thinner lightweight glass on the 172 Cup is total BS.
Nope. It’s 5 kg lighter than standard 172 glass, an owner on Cliosport weighed both sets. A small difference on its own but it all added up to a 89 kg saving over standard. Significant when it was only 1,110 kg to start with.
It also has thinner carpets, less sound deadening and even a smaller washer bottle.
Proper homologation car you see.

Reaction score
What a brilliant article,thanks for the link Nick.

I've never heard about Rush before so I can only guess they are fairly new?

Anyone lucky enough to have a Trophy or any of the 172/182 Gen cars must be itching to drive them even more after reading that.

Oracle

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Nope. It’s 5 kg lighter than standard 172 glass, an owner on Cliosport weighed both sets. A small difference on its own but it all added up to a 89 kg saving over standard. Significant when it was only 1,110 kg to start with.
It also has thinner carpets, less sound deadening and even a smaller washer bottle.
Proper homologation car you see.

Got a link & some part numbers?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Many thanks for the compliments on the article. It was an absolute pleasure to produce and as you can see, convinced me to go out and buy number 196! I adore Renaultsports and genuinely believe few cars are as fun as a 182 on UK roads. This makes for my sixth overall and fourth 1*2

@Ajracer - please email me - craig@rushmagazine.co.uk and I will give you access to all the images of your car via google drive, perhaps you may wish to have some printed off/framed :)

@NickReilly063 could I ask a favour please - if it's not too much trouble could you edit your OP to include the new version of the article? I am constantly trying to improve what we do and I think the new page really shows the photography in a much better light (especially in the desktop format)

https://www.rushmagazine.co.uk/clio-182-trophy-review

Also, without turning this into a promo post, with the mods permission I would like to gauge interest in doing a print run of the magazine (issue 002 featuring the Trophy of course!). I would like to pitch at £8-£8.50 + p&p. Any feedback would really help me decide the future direction of the magazine. Many thanks again, Craig

NickReilly063

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Hi Craig

Great article by the way - if you let me know how to edit I'd love to change it ???

Regards

Nick

Reaction score
Really was a brilliant read Craig.

For me personally I always like reading and holding an actual magazine so it would be a nice bonus if it was produced.
But at least there is always the online option as well.

Ajracer

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Hi Craig. Many thanks for the offer of access to the images of my car. I will email you shortly.
Regarding a hard copy i am in the old school camp where I still enjoy thumbing through several car magazines a month so count me in for a couple! Regards Andy.

NickReilly063

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Hi Craig. Many thanks for the offer of access to the images of my car. I will email you shortly.
Regarding a hard copy i am in the old school camp where I still enjoy thumbing through several car magazines a month so count me in for a couple! Regards Andy.

Hi Andy

How do I change my original post for Craig ??

cheers Nick

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Thanks for the interest guys. Even at the above price it'll be a loss leader, but hopefully I can justify it on the grounds of generating publicity. Meeting a potential printer/publisher this week, will update :)