Reaction score
thoughts?

I like the semi subtleness of it versus the full on Focus RS. Sadly daytime running lights are already becoming a cool chav addition so I'm not sure they'll do it any favours..

Reaction score
Lets just hope it will be 4wd, about time we see some challengers to the new evo/impreza.

Reaction score
From memory, the current S3 doesn't seem to have been the greatest of successes??

4wd would be great but would the extra weight and more lossy drivetrain be a drain on the ultimate performance? The touted figures would suggest not, but they are just predictions?!..

Reaction score
North of 30k for a decent Cayman S I would guess.

The trouble with the Golf/S3 four wheel drive system is that it is not a proper 4WD system - the haldex system, however much it is tweaked, is still basically a part time system. To make a 4WD car handle it needs a at least a 60/40 torque bias to the rear - it is phyiscally impossible for that system to do it. It will be interesting to see how they solve it on the TTR.

The best solution is the type of front suspension on the Clio 197, Megane R26 and the new RS - plus a decent limited slip diff. Much lighter and cheaper.

Reaction score
Much the same argument as with the R26.R, once you get above £20k all the motoring options that become available put it to shame. CSL anyone? :)