Reaction score
Trophy No.
My beloved kindly bought me a few items for my Trophy - engine cover, battery cover and a new cf front splitter. Here are a few pics...

IMG_1968.jpg

IMG_1979.jpg

Random-Recaro shot :oops:

IMG_1984.jpg

Thanks salem! :D She also has a few other items for me but I have to wait until my birthday in AUGUST!!! :shock: :lol:

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Still waiting for my splitter to break so i can fit the CF one, really like.

Is that a home made battery box?

Reaction score
hoolio said:
Still waiting for my splitter to break so i can fit the CF one, really like.

Is that a home made battery box?

Kind of.. I brought it off a guy local to me.. he usually puts them up for sale on Clio Sport when he gets them in..

Reaction score
number plate looks great.

carbon fibre - i have one - therefore i obviously like it

never liked the engine covers, always preffered the look without, but it does look great in Capsicum red...batery cover looks neat aswell. I wouldn't get too involved with this engine dressing though :wink: just go for performance mods :D

Reaction score
Re:

Matt X2C said:
number plate looks great.

carbon fibre - i have one - therefore i obviously like it

never liked the engine covers, always preffered the look without, but it does look great in Capsicum red...batery cover looks neat aswell. I wouldn't get too involved with this engine dressing though :wink: just go for performance mods :D

Waiting for the warranty to run out first before starting on on performance mods sometimes it pays to wait you know what Renault are like :wink:

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Loving the engine cover, very nicely painted :D

Reaction score
I agree !! - the engine cover looks great. Was this purchased painted or done afterwards ?, good attention to detail with the decals :wink:

Reaction score
trophyfan said:
I agree !! - the engine cover looks great. Was this purchased painted or done afterwards ?, good attention to detail with the decals :wink:

Thanks I brought the engine cover second hand off and then had it painted up..

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Ah pants - I 're-organised' my online gallery and my Trophy pics have gone walkabout. I was planning on updating the links but I can't edit my previous posts. #-o

Thanks to the good lady for the gifts.

Here are the [working] pics again :oops: (Clicky to go biggy!)

The CF keyring...

The engine cover and battery cover...

The CF Splitter...

Also, thanks to the good lady for the new personalised registration plate! 8) Pictures soon I'm sure...

Reaction score
Just sourced an engine cover :D - how has your's stood up to the heat of the engine and do you know if any 'special' primer had to be used ?

Cheers Sharky.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
trophyfan said:
Just sourced an engine cover :D - how has your's stood up to the heat of the engine and do you know if any 'special' primer had to be used ?

Cheers Sharky.

Hiya mate,

To be fair the engine cover looks as mint now as it did when the Good Lady bought it for me. It gets a wipe over and clean when the engine bay is given some TLC and I'm happy to say it hasn't tarnished one bit. In terms of the paint/primer used, I really don't have a clue. I'll ask her who did the paint job and maybe it will be worth getting in touch with the guy (I *think* his name was Middo or something like that...)

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Middo is probably right, he does a bit of this stuff for people over on Cliosport so you'll have to go over there as as far as i know he doesn't visit here.

Reaction score
That's good to know that the paint is holding up to the tough environment :D

Picked up a few cans of grey primer for plastic and a few of capsicum red from Halfords so going to have a crack at in the evenings this week. Done a bit of spraying before so i'll put it on thick and then flat it down and see what it turns out like, also sourced the stickers from ebay (how did we ever manage without eBay ?? :lol: ) . Ordered the fixing bolts from Renault this morning so might have it on by the weekend all being well.

Reaction score
trophyfan said:
That's good to know that the paint is holding up to the tough environment :D

Picked up a few cans of grey primer for plastic and a few of capsicum red from Halfords so going to have a crack at in the evenings this week. Done a bit of spraying before so i'll put it on thick and then flat it down and see what it turns out like, also sourced the stickers from ebay (how did we ever manage without eBay ?? :lol: ) . Ordered the fixing bolts from Renault this morning so might have it on by the weekend all being well.

Oh good on you, I'm sure it will turn out great be good to see how it goes but beware you might get lots of orders :lol:

Yes it was Middo (aka Mark) who did SharkyUK's lives near the Midlands if I recall correctly. Did a lovely job very pleased with it too..

Reaction score
Managed to get my hands on an engine cover. Do they sell the pain in Halfords did someone say?!

Also Where is the best place to get tidy battery covers similar to yours mate? I'm based in South West Wales, any places you know of near by?

Looks sweet!

Reaction score
jonny g said:
Managed to get my hands on an engine cover. Do they sell the pain in Halfords did someone say?!

Also Where is the best place to get tidy battery covers similar to yours mate? I'm based in South West Wales, any places you know of near by?

Looks sweet!

I believe you can get the paint from Halfords as for the battery cover they were custom made and Tim aka timsmeganeR26 was selling them on Clio Sport, however he is rarely on CS now and I am not sure he is still selling them, but worth dropping him a line.

I hope that is some help

Reaction score
Been painting mine for a couple of weeks now much to the annoyance of the missus :oops:

Thought I would share a few tips to others who decide on the DIY route. Some may seem obvious but nonetheless important.

1. Clean thoroughly (I used white spirit) on both sides.
2. Key with wet and dry before painting.
3. Use a primer 'for plastics' - I used grey as it works well for most colours.
4. If going the two tone route then use a low tack masking tape. I did not and it reacted to the red and left a permanent residue so I sanded it all down and started again.

[attachment=1:ft84ep0a]2690309090_2249f2dee4.jpg[/attachment:ft84ep0a]

So I went back to monotone ........

[attachment=0:ft84ep0a]2690304980_0a9874dae4.jpg[/attachment:ft84ep0a]

5. The stickers can be sourced from pro_decal on ebay.
6. For a decent gloss finish you are looking at 3 tins of paint if buying it from Halfords.
7. Use the Halfords 'Surf and Reserve' on their website to search your local stores for stock and reserve it for 24hrs.
8. If spraying outside you may need to flat it down every 3-4 coats to get rid of dust etc.
9. If spraying in the utility room get rid of all signs before the missus gets back from work :!:
10. Unless you have access to a low bake paint oven then leave for a couple of weeks for the paint to harden fully before fitting.
11. I will post the part numbers of the fixing bolts when I collect mine later today.
12. Use washers under the bolts to protect the paint from the rotation of the fixing bolts.
13. Take your time and good luck with the finished article [-o<

Tropyfan.

Attachments

• 2690309090_2249f2dee4.jpg
    2690309090_2249f2dee4.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 2
  • 2690304980_0a9874dae4.jpg
    2690304980_0a9874dae4.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 4

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
trophy fan - do you post this up in a new thread under "guides" - it'll be easier for people to find then in future.