Reaction score
Hello All!
Thought I should register as I am picking up my Trophy tomorrow, so fecking excited! Don't know the number yet, will post over the weekend.
After owning a phase 2 5 turbo, then a phase 1 172 (and the girlfriend owns a Williams 1) I am really looking forward to what Renaults latest and greatest will be capable of, I have not even driven one or seen one in the flesh but I know that it is going to be an awesome little beast!
Got the day off work tomorrow as well, going to try and cover as many miles as I can, just go out driving with nowhere in particular to go, sounds like heaven!
Laters!
Oli

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Hi Oli, thanks for signing up.

Have a good day with the car tomorrow, i'm sure you wont be dissapointed with it.

Dont forget to post in the Owners section when you know what number it is :D

Reaction score
Cheers Nik, seems like a great forum you have got going here! Will post over the weekend with my number and my early impressions.

Reaction score
Enjoy her went you pick her up. Cant believe you brought a car with a test drive first! But I guess you knew it was going to be at least as good as your 172.

Reaction score
Yeah I can appreciate that it seems like a bit of a risk not having a test drive first, but as far as I was concerned it was just going to be an improved version of my 172 which I loved. I like my cars to be performance driven, and the changes to the Trophy sucked me in big time! After having driven fast Renaults for the past few years I knew that this was the car for me!

Reaction score
Judging by everyone who has got/driven one you wont be diaspointed, so I guess its a fairly safe car to buy without driving! LOL

I nearly did the same with the Peugeot 206 GTi 180 as I had always had Peugeots before, that could have been a big mistake!

Reaction score
I ordered my Trophy without a test drive. I have driven a std 182 and a superchipped 172 to though so I have a pretty good idea what I'll be getting.

The superchipped 172 actually drove better than the 182 I thought - had a bit better mid range punch.

hyb

Reaction score
I bought mine without a test drive or seeing one irl. I'd only driven a 182 cup that had about 10 miles on, and that was a few months before the trophy came out. I do however own everysingle magazine to feature an article :)
Went and saw trophy in the lockup though and looks fab. You won't be dissapointed on how it looks. Can't comment on how it drives yet though

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
I ordered mine without a test drive too. There weren't any in the country when I placed the order so that wasn't going to be a possibility. I just knew it was going to be the car for me so I didn't wait for weeks to test one before ordering.

Reaction score
it drives goooooooooooooooooooooood. You will love it. Don't think i've heard a bad word said about it on this site. Just check the car over well scratches/nicks etc.

G

Welcome Oli, good choice mate (trophy)

I ordered mine without test driving it as well, walked into a stealership and there it was, just had to have it.

Reaction score
Yeah, i ordered mine after a test drive in a 182.
In these things, in the end you have to trust EVO mag, which is why I bought a Focus RS without a test drive a couple of years back LOL.

Reaction score
Morning All!
Picked up my Trophy yesterday from Masters in Croydon with 16 miles on the clock, so far I have covered 252 miles, car is amazing can't wait until I get to really mash the loud pedal all the way to the redline! I am a very happy lad indeed!
Well, guess I had better get out and get some more miles done!

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Soon getting the miles on then :D What number did you get?

Reaction score
Number 351, think it is the higest on the forum at the mo? Do I get an updated profile and another star now? :wink: