FS 147 (project) £2800 no offers

Reaction score
hi all,
Was going to write a long winded blah blah/time/money/new car/something else/swmbo/companycar/new babyonway

Bottom line with any advert..
It’s for sale.

Obviously not a garage queen. Currently Sorn and no MoT(it hasn’t techicnally failed one). So will need trailering/driving to MOT /station/other.

See the thread for recent work.

It’s a complete car. Sachs with refurb and correct springs

no rips in the Recaro seats

V6 isn’t caracked with correct length boot struts

Turinis need refurb. Currently on garage 182 wheels with nankangs with plenty tread(tyres will easily pass MoT)

Roof gutter rail needs paint.

Bonnet Dent and few other scars.

Serv light is on due to i believe it running an N3 uch which is looking for a rain sensor. Have the orginal n2 but I think it needs a repair.

DV05ZPN /12 owners/1 key/116k

£2800 no offers. That’s giving you a £1200-1700 budget on where I think the real value of the car is.

PM me for serious interested parties. I’m selling this as a car to track/project/refurb to new.

In my spares to be sold separately

I also have some brand new Sachs from the French GRoup buy stock.

Brand new Turinis with new caps

Both will be sold with or after the cars gone for exactly what I paid for them.

Chris

Reaction score
Sad to hear you’re selling :( Why?

I would like to buy the turinis if possible as have been looking for a set for 8 months.

Reaction score
Hi Sorry but the spares are only for sale once the car goes. I have had multiple PM today regarding the Sachs and wheels and eveyone gets the same answer.

Any new owner of 147 will get first option on them.

Reason for selling is multiple decisions none of which themselves are strong enough but when added all together have made me decide now is the moment.

There is zero rush and I’m still happy to tinker when I have time.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
That's a shame mate, for a few reasons but I do also like a good project thread.

Reaction score
1,200 post and yes Andy, a shame that it involves an outgoing car rather than a build thread update as Jules says.

It could sit, and it’s sat a long time. It was going to be a good stable mate for the Z4M which was driven sparingly. That went and a Golf R arrived. It’s ruthlesley efficient. Clears a back road and does the nursery run when needed. It gets used.

So the dillema is spend the extra that’s required on 147 to finish her off to my spec, but what then.

Any trophy owner knows a turn key road ready car costs around £80-100 a month if you factor insurance/tax and saving for belts/Sachs/sundries etc.

So spend more cash. Get her to where she needs to be and then ...drive the golf. With an ornament costing that much a month. Add in the time to do all that. And the garage space which I could use for other things. The other option is to just mothball it. It’s nver going to be a collectors example so pointless playing the investor game.

It just all takes it past making sense to hold onto.

I missed 120 and will miss 147 even if she wasn’t driven anywhere near as much as she should have been.

My 2 year old has christened the Golf “Mason”.. I have no idea why.. (147 is lightening McQueen)
Mason’s been on 1 family holiday and is out every weekend.. something none of my 182’s or Z4M ever did or could even do.

Sometimes you have to accept the reality in front of you and move on.