Front brakes

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Hi Fellow Trophy Fanatics :D

Need help sourcing front brake callipers/ carriers and slides please. Can anyone point me to the right direction ?

Thanks

Oracle

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
You will find the part numbers here

Brake calipers | Renault Clio II Clio II 09 2005 | Parts Catalogs | PartSouq

When you look into it, calipers and the slider pins are out there at reasonable money.

40 results found for 7701205832 - AutoDoc Search

The stumbling block is the carriers, TRW did make them, but at at £350 a pair, demand is likely to be low, and I cannot see them being available again.

If your carriers have worn oval, you might consider having your carriers drilled, and phosphor bronze bushes inserted, but the

structural properties would have to be considered.

Alternatively, you could could have your existing carriers reamed by a machine shop & some over size sliders machined from billet, but

these will need heat treatment from Hauck or similar to be a long term solution.

Either way, You are well advanced into the £700 budget to replace with Brembo 4 pots, & PMS 300mm disc upgrade.

Brembo Calipers For Upgrade Kit - Renault Clio Mk2 RS - Brakes - Renault Clio Mk2 RS - Renault - Shop By Car - Earn Reward Points On Each Order (kamracing.co.uk)

Pure Motorsport Brembo Big Brake Kit - Renault Clio Mk2 - Brakes - Renault Clio Mk2 RS - Renault - Shop By Car - Earn Reward Points On Each Order (kamracing.co.uk)

I have a pair of complete front caliper assemblies, with fully retracted pistons in MY parts warchest, that I snapped up 3 years ago. for

£30

Think ahead, stay ahead.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Does anyone have a schematics of the front and rear brakes which includes the carriers and how they all connect?

Oracle

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Does anyone have a schematics of the front and rear brakes which includes the carriers and how they all connect?

The left front is linked to the right rear caliper, and vice versa.

If I remember correctly, the front port of the master cylinder links to the rear port of the ABS pump on the 182.

Maybe these parts diagrams may help.

Rear

Front

Brake pipes
Brake pipes | Renault Clio II Clio II 09 2005 | Parts Catalogs | PartSouq

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Bit of a thread revival but I've always thought my Trophy's braking to be subpar. It's not so bad for day-to-day driving, but a hard emergency stop just isn't as strong as I'd like. I know the rears basically do nothing, but I've replaced the callipers, alongside new OE discs (rear) and Brembo HC at the front. The fluid has been changed too.

So now my attention is turning to replacing the front callipers. Prices look reasonable on Autodoc - especially compared to Euros etc. Based on the above comments, should I also add the replacement sliders by Grams?

Autodoc Front left calliper options;

Autodoc Front right calliper options;

The suggestion to replace the carriers above has left me a little confused TBH.
"The stumbling block is the carriers, TRW did make them, but at at £350 a pair, demand is likely to be low, and I cannot see them being available again.

"If your carriers have worn oval, you might consider having your carriers drilled, and phosphor bronze bushes inserted"

Apologies for my ignorance, but I'm not as clued up on brakes as I perhaps should be!