Reaction score
So I was driving home on my lunch break, nothing out of the ordinary, came off a roundabout and went to merge in, when all of a sudden some white van man quite some distance backl decides to floor it and undertake me whilst flashing his lights beeping and gesturing quite angrily towards me!

So i gave him a beep and the finger back and thought "what a w**ker.." and carried on behind him, all the while swerving around and jabbing on his brakes whilst waving that im a w**nker out the window. we got to a dual carriage way and i went to overtake, at which point he tried to swerve out in front me and stop me overtaking again gesturing and waving at me, needless to say i floored it and got passed him.

Get to another roundabout and the traffic bunches up and hes sitting about a foot off my bumper waving and shouting and swerving and getting as close as he can, gave a few firm jabs on the brake to try and get rid off him on the following straight.

Then some traffic lights, which were red, so i stopped (obviously), and he comes running over screaming at me, not even words, just a the crazed whailings of a man thats recently escaped his local mental asylum, and starts kneeing the door of the Trophy, at which point i was pi$$ed, seriously, as you would be, had a quick look down to see the dent, and said right thats it (with alot more swearing obviously) i want your inurance details, the lights went green, i drove through and pulled over, so he just started screaming again and ran after the car, lent right in and just started punching me repeatedly in the face, i have 2 HUGE bruises, one looks like a golf ball is literally trying to climb out of my forehead.

I called the Police, he got nicked for assault and criminal damage, im left with a dented Trophy, that ill either have to pay for OR attempt to go through the impossible hell that is civil claims court, a massive bruise and HUGE headache. NOT A GOOD AFTERNOON!

Afterwards i went to make a statement, when i got back in the Trophy i found his glasses in the footwell, which the Police reckon is proof enough as he outright stated "i didnt hit him, i didnt go near the car or lean in through the window" and "he must of hit his head on the windscreen" what a joker!

Reaction score
Feel for you mate but TBH in these situations driving like you did will just result in this...not right i know but thats life.

Should of jsut bcked off and let him go.

Reaction score
I did, and he carried on swerving around and slamming his brakes on, theres noway i wanted to be sat behind that!!

Also Pictures:
09092011-1.jpg
09092011-2.jpg
09092011-4.jpg

Reaction score
Jeeez thats some serious road rage, cant believe he damaged your car! ..as for punching you in the face wtf!? Hope your ok, and you get your dent sorted out.

Reaction score
forgot to mention the witness too! some chap in a BMW pulled up and said he'd seen it all and the guy acting like a lunatic, gave me his card and told me to get the police to contact him! good news!

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Blimey! Thats a right shiner!

He obviously sounds like a few fries short of a happy meal... but I find in these situations its best to bite your tongue and not drive reactively (ie not brake in front of them or overtake) because as you have found out, it can get unpleasant. Whether I would have followed my own advice in the moment is another matter.

Good luck getting the door/head sorted!

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
I wish death on the tw@t! (swear)

Reaction score
bruise is looking fine this morning, gone down about 90%, luckily im quite a fast healer!

will try get a couple of quotes for the dent, he's gonna pay for it anyway so its no big deal, just annoyed, might get them to pop a few of the carpark dents out while theyre at it!

Reaction score
If the guy gets charged (which based on the info you have given he should and likely will) ask the officer in charge to submit an MG19 (compensation form) with the file to the CPS/Courts. If found guilty then the Magistrates/Judge can award compensation, saving you going through a civil court. Make sure you get a couple of offical quotes for the damage to be fixed so they can be attached to the form.
Saying that the burden of proof in a civil court is less, so even if found not guilty in criminal court, it is easier getting a ruling in your favour.

Hope that helps.

Reaction score
Read it on CS.

I wouldn't have pulled over and got out tbf.

Reaction score
Yeah still wouldn't of. Why did you pull over? I'd have kept going.

Reaction score
Hope there is no lasting damage to you or the trophy and he gets what is coming to him. From now on make sure you have a tyre iron under your seat. :lol: