Exhaust Replacement - New Mounts?

G

Seeing as I ordered my Milltek today, what are peoples' opinions on fitting new exhaust mounts at the same time? The car has only done 6k miles, but I'm worried it may sag and not sit straight. I'm just curious how others have got on with their replacement exhausts (regardless of make). Thanks! :)

Oh, and if new mounts are a good idea, I don't suppose anyone has the part number, do they?

Reaction score
I've had a Janspeed on mine, and at 28k miles absolutely no problems at all. I would not bother to be honest. When they go then replace them (many thousands of miles yet for you) :)

O.

Reaction score
Don't forget also that an aftermarket unit is lighter than the sotck one thus less stress on the mounts.

O.

Reaction score
if its stainless it will weigh more...when i had my stainless put on my mk1 172 the place that did it (AAS in newcastle- excellent job- hand made ) added an extra mount to take the strain...

Reaction score
son of solo said:
if its stainless it will weigh more...when i had my stainless put on my mk1 172 the place that did it (AAS in newcastle- excellent job- hand made ) added an extra mount to take the strain...

Does not sound like a good design. The standard Trophy has two rear boxes while the Janspeed has just one, smaller, box. It is at least 5kg lighter than the standard system (I've weighed them but can't remember the exact weight at the moment).

O.

Reaction score
Cool Hand Luke said:
I think the Janspeed is at least 8kg lighter than stock iirc

I still nearly slipped a disc trying to lift the bloody thing up my steps outside my house :?

Maybe I should hit the gym...

Reaction score
DaveTrophy said:
Cool Hand Luke said:
I think the Janspeed is at least 8kg lighter than stock iirc

I still nearly slipped a disc trying to lift the bloody thing up my steps outside my house :?

Maybe I should hit the gym...

Sh1t! Think of the return journey down those steps with the OEM number strapped to your back :lol: