Engine parts freshened up

Reaction score
A little more work today, old service sticker on slam panel removed and new expansion bottle IMG_0211.JPG

Reaction score
They look great. Were they easy to remove?

Yes, reasonably easy job. You need a trolley jack with a decent piece of wood under the sump to take the weight off the engine mount then it's the 3 bolts in the alloy mount piece and the 4 into the inner wing.

The fuel rail cover is just 2 nuts in the recessed holes on the front of it.

To remove the upper plenum it's just a matter of disconnecting the sensor leads, the throttle unit has 4 bolts, the coil pack 4 then 7 bolts clamping the actual part to the manifold and engine top. The vacuum pipe on the upper rear is the hardest thing to get off, the plastic elbow has some sort of locking ring which is one hell of a job to figure out!

I did the engine top in Hycote wrinkle finish, it looks just like a thick Hammerite when it first goes on but a few hours later it cures to the texture and looks great

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Looking really good, I hate it that the finish ends up looking so shit over time.

Reaction score
Looking really good, I hate it that the finish ends up looking so shit over time.

Yes, I think it's just how cast alloy degrades, I'm hoping given the very limited mileage I will be doing and with a bit of care I will be able to keep it in good condition

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
That looks really smart.

I no longer have any of the original inlet manifold fitted but my cam cover is looking rather dull and could do with the same treatment. I though about doing it when I fitted the timing belt last year but I couldn't be bothered. Now you've made me regret it. Did you send the parts off somewhere for vapour blasting?

IMG_0460.JPG

That cup you have is bloody lovely.

Reaction score
That looks really smart.

I no longer have any of the original inlet manifold fitted but my cam cover is looking rather dull and could do with the same treatment. I though about doing it when I fitted the timing belt last year but I couldn't be bothered. Now you've made me regret it. Did you send the parts off somewhere for vapour blasting?

View attachment 9285

That cup you have is bloody lovely.

There's a guy only a couple of miles from me who has all the vapour blasting equipment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Trophy No.
This got me motivated to do mine. Had the paint ages but just never got round to it.

Before

d0a5057a887685101bf2ab62b1073d5e.jpg

Put these in while I was there.

b88829f740472713620e322004fbe1b4.jpg

After

2b0d1c07283a0db905ba0f183c9efbe4.jpg

Not sure if I want it a bit darker. I was worried it looked a bit still in primer.

I used high temp paint from Halfords and some etch primer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk