Electrical problem?

Reaction score
So i go out to start the T this morning to take the little one to nursery, the dash lights come on but flicker slightly and instead of turning over just makes a sort of ecectrical clicking sound, tried it a couple of times with no luck. Now, the car hasent been used much recently so i thought the battery had gone, tried with the neighbours jump lead and still just got the same noise, so im thinking its the starter motor.......until i go to lock the car and it wont lock, so maybe its something to do with the key?, get the spare key but its exactly the same. i noticed that the little red LED on both keys flickers instead of being on solid (which it is when im not near the car and press the button) any clues anyone?

Reaction score
I had the same recently with my 997 - it was the battery, if you tried jump leads without disconnecting the old batt, and it has totally died, then it will sink all the current from the good one. Try again with the old one disconnected.

We'll be seeing more and more of this now with the cold weather and 6 year old original batteries at the end of their lives! Expecting mine in the T to go the same way this winter...

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
most likely the battery - I think mine's on it's way out also... needs a coffee in the morning and a hug before it'll turn over. I should drive it more :cry:

Reaction score
Trophy No.
The clicking noise on ignition is classic low battery, I get it quite often on the 5 GTT. Or it could be a whole big can of worms, I had an ongoing electrical problem that lasted 5 years :shock:

Reaction score
Hopefully it is just the battery, it doesent get driven as much as it should really, ill put it on a trickle charge tonight and see how it goes

Reaction score
Don't hold your breath! If the batt is truly dead a trickle will do naff all - time for a new one :-(

Reaction score
Ye so i had the battery on charge for 13 hours last night and it still hasent got enough power for the central locking, new battery it is then

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Shame this didn't happen earlier in the week mate, I could have sorted you a new battery out when I was up there.