Eibach sportline problem

Reaction score
Hi all, a couple of weeks back we fitted some sportlines to BigDaves trophy which seem to be absolutely fine, so I thought I'd get myself a set and fit them to my trophy only difference being mine has the ktr solid top mounts, anyway no worries there got them apart and back together with the springs fitted, the next day I noticed a twanging noise going lock to lock or when pulling away / braking hard, so off came the damper again thinking the spring wasn't seated, there looked to be some scoring on the underside so cleaned the spring seats right up and refitted spring and the noise went away, now a few days later the noise has returned, not sure as to why it keeps slipping any ideas??

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Common, not sure what causes it. It went away when I had hankooks and came back with michelins.

New ball joints helped a bit though.

Reaction score
on hankooks and had new ball joints about 8k ago! I'm wondering whether the rubber on the trophy springs prevents this issue? I'm not sure though as is silent on one side and only noisy on the passenger side!

Reaction score
Try oiling your KTR top mounts first,make sure they are really free or they stick and jump round.

Oiled then when I reassembled and checked they could move freely!

Reaction score
sportlines dont need rubbers like in the trophy ones
I had them on my sachs and they never made any kind of noise, sounds more like a top mounts thing to me