Reaction score
After wanting to sell my clio for something different, 330 e46, or an r26. i am keeping it but will be spending some money on it. just dont think il get something more enjoyable for the money!!

Has anyone on here had their dampers refurbed recent??? if so how much? visually and driving i cant fault them but with no history of em being done i think im gunna do em.

Also does anyone have any info on places to re trim steering wheels preff in south yorks north derbyshire area??????? and how much is the going rate to have em done??

i also tried to source some pilot exaltos the other day at work but no one had stock so pilot sports its going to have to be unless anyone knows different.

Cheers, glenowl :up:

Reaction score
i was in the same situation at the start of the year.wanting to sell up but decided to keep it as it really is a good car for the money and as ive spent so much on it in my ownership so decided to spend more lol and get the dampers done even although they seemed fine but wanted to know they were 100%.

They cost £340 to refurb exc delivery there but inc return delivery but i spent another £100 odd to get them powdercoated and extra delivery.then got new michelin tyres.now got a whiteline bar and would love a rs2 and sports cat.

Reaction score
Lol I'm in the exact same situation except I'm still wanting rid of mine. Really want and R26 or maybe my old ph1 172 back lol

Reaction score
cheers lads for your help!!

£340!!! thaught it would be much dearer than that!!

steve f, you bought the whiteline off me!!!!! how you fnding it? i only took it off cos i was selling mine lol. i had a sports cat on my 182 cup and it still wouldnt pass its mot and bought the em light on!!!! lucky for me im a mechanic............. better off with de-cat if you can bear the noise!!! i took mine off because i didnt like the noise but my cats now snapped on the flange so is only being held on by one bolt so il give a decat another try.

And i think the r26 has to be the only upgrade around the trophy price range to get. had a mk2 225 cup before my trophy and it was ace but lacked something to make it special.

Reaction score
sorry dont know where i got that sum from.checked receipt and it was £466 with the extra £100 on top for the powdercoating.

the whiteline bar has stiffened the rear right up.wasnt sure about it at 1st but now liking it so far.

had a decat on it before but it was too loud so it came straight off.the scorpion rs192 is just right on its own.

the engines in these cars are like a sewing machine there so slow and with a loud exhaust it just makes a lot of noise while hardly going anywhere.