Creaking / Knocking - O/S/F - Getting Annoying

Reaction score
So my cars been making this noise for a while now, so far the lower ball joints, outer track rod ends and steering rack bushes have all been changed, and the car has solid top mounts fitted.

So the noise started out quiet a few months ago, and is progessively getting louder, but from underneath is hard to diagnoise as everything seems tight with no play etc.

Went to RenTech who had a look and couldnt find anything other than a loose steering rack bolt, suspected it was the Ktec top mounts so took it to Ktec who reckon its one of the sachs dampers.

Only problem i have with this diagnosis is that both the dampers are still completely solid and theres no sign of any oil / gas leakage and im loathed to send them off and spend £400 or so on a rebuild only to discover that the noise is still there.

Anyone else experienced anything similar or have any suggestions?

Reaction score
I had a similar noise which turned out to be anti roll bar bushes even though no excessive movement was present.

I replaced all 4 with power flex ones and have not heard it since.

Reaction score
I've been thinking about powerflexing the ARB for a while so I will try that!

Will also whip the pads out and have a look at them see what's occuring!

Cheers guys!

Reaction score
a few months ago i had a really annoying creaking/clangy sound when pulling away sharp/braking and slow speed turning "like in a car park".

i had already just had my dampers redone so got the whole front end poly bushed,new track rod ends and ball joints.

dont know what part it was but the noise has gone now.

Reaction score
^^Strange. How long ago were they refurbed?

You could also try changing the inner track rods. The ball joint on them wears just as quickly as the outer one in alot of cases. Always start with the cheapest item and work your way up!

Also to add my T went through the MOT the day before I picked it up and it was obvious to me that the inner ARB bushes needed doing. Upon closer inspection there was no play but they had perrished a little, this might be enough to cause a knock in certain situations!

Reaction score
Ave done the strut top mod with the washers am replaced the strut tops and done the track rod ends as well as you said start with the little things.....
But found out it was this :-(
Eh about 9months ago
X