Reaction score
These are a hot topic at the mo so thought I'd post up my thoughts...

I have now had Cooksports on my T for a week now. A point to note, my front Sachs dampers are in good condition, refurbed recently and no leaks... Rears however are cup shocks, awaiting new Sachs/Koni's to go on.

Ride - Ever so slightly firmer. I think it's unchanged, but the GF thinks the car rides just a bit harder than previously.

Handling - Almost unchanged, turn in is still pin sharp, the rear end is still playful. Feels planted through corners and communicates well through the steering wheel when you reach the limits of grip. I think the lower COG is slightly noticeable but not enough so that I'd say it improves handling, more so from a confidence point of view if that makes sense.

Height - Slightly too low at the back/high at the front IMO. Looks the same as all the other 1*2's on Cooksports, IMO, drops the rear about 5mm too much or the front 5mm too little (maybe that's the stiffer shocks).

Future updates:

I'll get some pictures up over the weekend if possible to illustrate height. I'm also going to start playing around with geo settings and stiffness on the front shocks as soon as I have some Koni's/Sach's to match on the rear. I'll report back findings once this is done.

Reaction score
Thanks Sam, I'm desperately keen to see photos too so please go all-out and take loads!

I assume you've gone from standard Trophy springs direct to the Cooksports, rather than via Sportlines, for example?

Just researching the Cooksports now - do you expect yours to settle after a while? If so, more photos in a month or so would be good for an end-state view.

Cheers,

Tim

Reaction score
Yes, hoping they will settle slightly as well. It's already dropped a tad from when they were fitted.

I did indeed go from trophy springs straight to cooksports. So i can't draw any other comparison aside from that. So that's standard vs standard plus cooksports back to back.

I've had sportlines on my old 182 and cheap ktec coilovers in the past. But never on the Sachs.

Reaction score
Have you trackday'd the car previously and/or do you plan the track day going forward?

Looking forward to your pics :)

Reaction score
Reaction score
Looks great and great review. Got a set sat in my old bedroom at parents place waiting to go on when I get chance :)

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
I have stuck with the Mark Fish springs as im not going to just change mine for the sake of it but none the less when i do have a leak on a shock and i do get a refurb i will be looking at new springs also so glad there was a review done on them

Reaction score
I have stuck with the Mark Fish springs as im not going to just change mine for the sake of it but none the less when i do have a leak on a shock and i do get a refurb i will be looking at new springs also so glad there was a review done on them

How do you find the mf springs? Are these a track orientated spring?

Reaction score
looks lovely ... thinking I need to get on the Llandow track day in Aug ..

Reaction score
Sachs on the front and Cup on the rear??

Must handle a bit odd the cup ones are a hell of alot softer and bouncier than the sachs rears!

Reaction score
Just to report back on this chaps.

Very pleased I made the move. Had these on for 6months/12k now :)

Sachs are back on the rear. Height relatively unchanged but it's now far more planted at the rear as opposed to on the cup shocks. Also wearing 15" F1's instead of the turinis.

Performed well at the trackday, and it was the road tyres and not the suspension holding the car back. I'd imagine that on semi slicks it'll need stiffening up at the front a bit.

All in all, they serve their purpose perfectly.

Reaction score
Having come from Eibach Sportlines the problem I have with the Cooksports on mine (Sachs up front, Koni rear, 15in 2118s) is the lack of composure at low speeds on broken surfaces.

The Sportlines were a huge improvement over standard springs, and the Cooksports are also better, but not by as much. What they do offer instead is aesthetics through a lovely drop. I love how my Trophy looks on Cooksport springs!

Hopefully see you at a few track days next year, Sam :)

Reaction score
Pass.

Mine has covered about 15 miles in the last 3 months so day-to-day isn't something I can really offer an opinion on.

Sam...?