Reaction score
Hi all,

I seem to be increasing the number of miles that I am now doing and am cosidering a mile cruncher (read: 320d) as my daily driver. I feel I am not doing the Trophy any justice :(

Just as a guide my car gets equal if not better treatment than my girlfriend including:

- Washer fluid topped up with BRITA filtered water
- Permagard coating and washed every weekend
- Oil changed every 6000 miles (and that is 6000 motorway miles!)
- T2 PHY personalised plate inlcuded
- No modifications
- Near new front tyres (Michelin Exalto 2s); rear still have lots of tread left (proof of motorway mileage!!)
- Always Optimax filled with receipts to prove

The car is coming up to 15,000 of almost entirely M1 & M4 motorway miles (cruise control at 75 mph!) and I am looking for around £11,500... is this a reasonable asking price?

O.

Reaction score
hyb said:
sounds a good price to me !

BRITA water :D

Lol crazy isn't it??

I am also very tempted to keep it... if only I had a diesel daily driver as we get our mileage covered by the company so the better the fuel economy the more to cover depreciation etc. For instance a diesel C2 will do 69mpg which means lots of extra money left over from the mileage money we get given...

O.

Reaction score
lol... I am still very divided... I came from a 330ci so I know what I am going back to! :( Damn motorway miles.... :evil: :twisted:

Reaction score
Price seems spot on to me, shame that you are having to think about selling it!

Don't think there is anything wrong with piling the miles onto the Trophy myself, and as long as you enjoy driving it then surely that is doing justice to the car?

320d just won't be as much fun on a trackday either! :lol:

Reaction score
I do a boring M1 commute everyday and thought about getting a 'disposable' car to drive to work most days. Spend a few hundred quid on an old diesel 206 or something in the group 5 range and save the Trophy for fun. You got the space for a runaround or you'd still like to drive a good car to work and not something with a hanger for an aerial :wink:

Reaction score
Well I've certainly received a few interesting private messages!

Looks like my plate may be just as desireable as the car...

I may put it on Pistonheads at £11800 with the plate and see what happens...

Cheers from GNER's finest (trying to reduce car mileage already!).
O.

hyb

Reaction score
What have you had so far Ollie? I've had offers for Swops for Elise's, V6 clio's and a Caterham ;D

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
oliie said:
hyb said:
sounds a good price to me !

BRITA water :D

Lol crazy isn't it??

I am also very tempted to keep it... if only I had a diesel daily driver as we get our mileage covered by the company so the better the fuel economy the more to cover depreciation etc. For instance a diesel C2 will do 69mpg which means lots of extra money left over from the mileage money we get given...

O.

I would laugh but I filled my washer botttle with de-ironised water last w/e, my excuse is that I couldn't be bothered walking back to the kitchen to fill up the jug so just used radiator water (not fluid or anti freeze i must add!!)