Clutch replacement

Reaction score
A quick question when changing clutch what else is worth changing while sub frame is out? I am going to get the sump gasket changed and the clutch cable but was wondering if anything else is worth really not worth missing off

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
The inner Anti-Roll-Bar bushes are a pain to change and are well worth replacing whilst off the car. When I changed the clutch, I removed the subframe with the wishbones and ARB still attached, I stripped the assembly down from there and replaced all the bushes. The inner ARB bushes are not easy to change on the car, the access isn’t great but the main issue is having to clamp the bracket tight enough to allow you to fasten the nut and bolt.

I sourced some longer bolts to make the job easier next time.

Reaction score
Looking at that I'm sure mine must of been done as they are a purple colour. Will look through the history and find out. That is one clean subframe and thanks for the reply

Reaction score
Can anybody tell me the best place to get a clutch cable from or is it best to get a Renault item?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Subframe and associated parts look spot on! I faced changing the inner ARB bushes on the car and having heard what a pig of a job it is I opted to buy the cranked lever tool as recommended in the Renault Workshop manual.

Got both brackets fitted in minutes with the correct length bolts. Couldn’t have done it without the special tool.

For everyone’s information a few pictures to show what it is albeit with some protective tape on the forks to protect the recently painted brackets!