Clio Trophy For Sale FY55 WZH

Reaction score
Hi everyone

Due to totally unforeseen circumstances way out of my control I have decided to sell the Clio Trophy I only bought a few weeks ago. I am selling due to an engine failure and this block will need rebuilding or a new engine dropping in to the car. The car has dropped a valve and damaged cylinder number two.

The car is located in Mansfield at my workplace. I should add I had literally spent in excess of £700.00 having a brand new genuine Renault clutch kit fitted, new number plates and top up of all fluids.

I have decided to only advertise it on here for now in the hope a genuine enthusiast can get the car back on the road.

Here is a link to the original ad: http://www.cliotrophy.co.uk/threads/trophy-number-478-£5875.54237/

I am looking for £3500 O.N.O

Thanks

Sam

Reaction score
Trophy No.
That's a shame mate. Someone just needs to drop a second hand engine in there and they've got a nice Trophy to enjoy for decent money. Especially if they can do the work themselves.

Mansfield, eh? My hometown. I'll be up at the weekend visiting my folks and sister.

Reaction score
Yes I live in Nottingham but worked in Mansfield for nearly six years now!

It's a huge shame I haven't got anything else to add other than that!

Big Dave

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Sam.
So sorry to hear that your selling.
I had read your previous thread about the engine issues.
I fully understand your reasons for selling, as when you've not bonded with the car and this happens its devastating...
If I had both the time and space id-ve snapped this up, as it could be made into a cracking car.
All it needs is somebody with the time and energy,, to get a replacement engine,, theres a few on the bay of "e"s, get it rebuit, maybe get some cams in it, flow the head etc etc,,...
The more I think/type the more im talking myself into it................................
I almost went to have a look at this very car [when it was advertised before you bought it,] for a mate of mine, but hes got too much on at present....

Sharky, whats I going to cost to rebuild a 182 engine. Standard...???????? Or is that a stupid question....

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Sam.
So sorry to hear that your selling.
I had read your previous thread about the engine issues.
I fully understand your reasons for selling, as when you've not bonded with the car and this happens its devastating...
If I had both the time and space id-ve snapped this up, as it could be made into a cracking car.
All it needs is somebody with the time and energy,, to get a replacement engine,, theres a few on the bay of "e"s, get it rebuit, maybe get some cams in it, flow the head etc etc,,...
The more I think/type the more im talking myself into it................................
I almost went to have a look at this very car [when it was advertised before you bought it,] for a mate of mine, but hes got too much on at present....

Sharky, whats I going to cost to rebuild a 182 engine. Standard...???????? Or is that a stupid question....
No idea when it comes to standard engines, Dave... :p ;)

Realistically I reckon you could get an engine for 3-400 quid (using the ancillaries, etc. you already have) and then factor in 5-600 for cambelt, couple hundred extra for fluids and other miscellaneous / unexpected items. If you can fit it yourself (and time it up) then you can save a fair few quid. Throwing in cams at this point would make sense but obviously would cost extra to buy and then map the engine later. You're probably looking in the region of 1-2k depending on whether you want to leave it standard or tweak it slightly.

Reaction score
Well that was quick car sold this morning to a really enthusiastic gentleman who was a pleasure to deal with, if for any reason it falls through I will update this accordingly!

I will also have a few items for sale next week which includes:

PMS strut brace
K-TEC induction kit
Stormforce fitted Renault Clio outdoor cover

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Well that was quick car sold this morning to a really enthusiastic gentleman who was a pleasure to deal with, if for any reason it falls through I will update this accordingly!

I will also have a few items for sale next week which includes:

PMS strut brace
K-TEC induction kit
Stormforce fitted Renault Clio outdoor cover
I didn't think you'd struggle to sell it at that price. Even with having to drop a new engine in it's coming in less than current market value.

Reaction score
Sorry it panned out this way..

Anyone else thinking.. coming to advert soon...
£6k 88k trophy... with little
Mention of any old random engine in it.

Hell even throwing £2k at it would still bring it in at market value.

Reaction score
At the end of the day, if the replacement engine has been serviced correctly does it make a huge amount of difference?

I mean, my Trophy may have had an un-documented engine change prior to my ownership and it hasn't (yet) proved detrimental to me or future owners.

Reaction score
I guess if people are anal about original then they might want to knock someone down on the price, but as long as its a good solid engine i would not be to bothered