Reaction score
Does anyone know what this is? Saw it advertised in the Autotrader - huge rear arches!!

Text from ad:

RENAULT Clio dimma 1.8 16V,
Williams Blue, genuine factory car, number 31 of 50, all bills and history from new, compomotive alloys, lowered induction kit, Clifford immob, PAS, electrics, superb looking car, very rare, px poss. £5,995

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
It's a Valver with a body kit from a company called Dimma.

http://www.dimmasales.co.uk/index.html? ... p?kit=clio

renault_clio.jpg

The kit includes:

Replacement Front Wings [bolt on]
Replacement Front & Rear Bumpers [bolt on]
Rear Wing Over Panels [bond on]
C/W Built in Inner Wheel arch liners
Side Sills [bond on]
Spoiler.

Reaction score
Hey that's pretty neat!!! Imagine the Trophy with a rear track like that!

It even seems reasonably priced...

O.

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Prima do a Maxi bodykit for the Mk2 Clio with a wide rear track:

REN93-M.jpg

REN92-M.jpg

Based on the design of the Clio Super 1600 rally car.

Reaction score
Dimma kits are so dated now, they were cool in their day tho! Mate of mine had a laser green 205 with matching wheels years ago, looked stunning!

Day

Reaction score
Pug Dimma Cosworth... I remember the fast car article... awesome machine :D

Reaction score
Thanks.

Been looking in for a while and finally decided to register :)

Reaction score
Hi guys, I've just registered.

I've had a clio 16v Dimma for over 10 years now. Started off the dark renault blue, few years later painted it ford imperial blue which it currently still is. Spent a whack of money on it as its just a beauty. Had Recaro speeds all trimmed in black and blue soft nappa leather and alcantara dash etc. Went to the Max Power shows and all that years ago and it was on the stands etc and in the mag. In 2003, I was travelling to the Isle of Man when i aquaplaned in torrential rain. Straight off the motorway and down a ditch. The damage wasnt too bad (buckled passenger door, sill and roofline into the sunroof and front bumper ripped off) given i was doing about 80mph but it was classed as a right off so i got my 11k payout and bought it back for £1800, awesome. Got a cheap fix £600 and then turned it into a trackcar, stripped it, caged with buckets and harnesses and side exit which just constantly blew flames. Fabulous handling car in the dry.

Its now getting restored to its former glory with a new roofskin being put on, £500 front bumper and new bonnet etc etc. Will need to buy all new seats etc and i plan to always keep it. The new trackcar i have is a low mileage WRX i imported for practically nowt. Also got a Plymouth Prowler for a bit of fun for the summer so the collection is well on its way.

Will post pics of the car of all its various stages. Just need to suss out how to scan etc.

Regards,

Matthew

PS. Oh and i definitely wouldnt say the clio kit is dated, others yes but the clio? Everything but.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
i wouldn't say the dimma kit looks dated, the car is but the kit is understated but agressive. These bolt on's usually look like some Chav from essex had had a good birthday and been to halfords to spend it.

Day

Reaction score
Cue said:
i wouldn't say the dimma kit looks dated, the car is but the kit is understated but agressive. These bolt on's usually look like some Chav from essex had had a good birthday and been to halfords to spend it.

Did chav's actually exist in the early to mid nineties?
I think we can put it down to "interesting taste" lol
As a pubescent teenager when the Dimma kit came out I fcuking loved it! :D

Reaction score
I thought it was a bit dated then, didn't testarossa style side strakes go out of fashion in 1984?

Chavs did exist then, they were just called townies or skivs. There's just more of them now and they're a little bit more inbred since then (five generations of them since the 90's!)

Reaction score
In london at the moment so all i could find are some shoody looking ones from the racing days at Knockhill. Note the standard bumper etc as this was after the crash. Also the rollcage and side exit etc.

When back in Glasgow at the weekend, i'll dig out some beauties and scan them in. Maybe get some from pics from driving along the motorway etc.

Regards,

Matthew

PS. Cover the front bumper and you'll begin to see how gorgeous a car this is.

Attachments

• IMG_0025.JPG
    IMG_0025.JPG
    855.4 KB · Views: 846
  • IMG_0019.JPG
    IMG_0019.JPG
    734.2 KB · Views: 844