Reaction score
ive just been on the k tech website and they now have a low presure turbo kit for all 182s, and they will take it to rs tuning in leeds for a custom remap (3 hours worth)it all cost around the 3k mark, on their graph is says its putting out 212 bhp and about 200 ib ft so that would put its power to weight from 168 to 197. ( note the new r26r has 189 bhp per ton). im really considering going for it so i would like peoples thoughts on it see if its a good idea or bad, could it ruin the trophys handling? too much torque steer? experiences with turbos?

Reaction score
I think that it could be good because its not like its a silly 300hp+ or anything like that so i imagine it would be pretty fun, although i would want a more spread power curve rather than a lag, lag, lag, BOOM :) even though that can be fun in an rs turbo :wink: Before it blows up

How much N/A tuning could be done for 3k?

Reaction score
tallandy said:
Somebody does have a trophy with the k-tec low pressure turbo conversion 8) and its bloody quick!

Andy, which number T is that? Have you been in it? Spill the beans...

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
marrow said:
tallandy said:
Somebody does have a trophy with the k-tec low pressure turbo conversion 8) and its bloody quick!

Andy raced it.....and lost ! :lol: Im saying nothing.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
It would certainly be quick and turbo's can not really be described as unreliable these days, they seem to bolt them on to everything but...................I'd also want to be ungrading other componants to cope with that extra torque.

Reaction score
BenG said:
marrow said:
tallandy said:

Andy raced it.....and lost ! :lol: Im saying nothing.

LOL yes errr raced it on a private road..... :roll: It's mighty quick and didn't seem to have any problems with handling at all. Sounded mighty good too!

I'll let the owner spill the beans if he wants to :D

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Sam_K said:
I think that it could be good because its not like its a silly 300hp+ or anything like that so i imagine it would be pretty fun, although i would want a more spread power curve rather than a lag, lag, lag, BOOM :) even though that can be fun in an rs turbo :wink: Before it blows up

How much N/A tuning could be done for 3k?

For 3K your best bet are Individual Throttle Bodies, you will be looking at 200/205 BHP. 215BHP with more aggressive cams.

There is no spikey power delivery with the LPT its a linear power curve. quote from the guy with this fitted 'its like having a bigger N/A engine'. For 3K its the best bang for buck your gonna get at this point in time, +40BHP and +40lbs/ft Torque on a standard Clio. Plus there is the potential to take it up to 300+ BHP in the future should you want more power.

Reaction score
I'll let the owner spill the beans if he wants to :D[/quote]

id like to hear what he says about his mighty trophy, all seems like its going in the right direction, would be cool to say that you have one of the fastest trophys around, it sounds very very quick but not overdoing it with too much power. would also like to see what power and torque that trophy made..give me an idea of what i can expect on mine

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
It made 206BHP and 182lb/ft on the RR at RS Tuning. Take into consideration 182's normally make around 160 BHP on Pauls rollers. so its a genuine 40+BHP increase and same story with torque.

Reaction score
hoolio said:
It would certainly be quick and turbo's can not really be described as unreliable these days, they seem to bolt them on to everything but...................I'd also want to be ungrading other componants to cope with that extra torque.

It's French, so would probably need to upgrade everything from and including the front number plate to the rear one! :lol:

Reaction score
BenG said:
It made 206BHP and 182lb/ft on the RR at RS Tuning. Take into consideration 182's normally make around 160 BHP on Pauls rollers. so its a genuine 40+BHP increase and same story with torque.

thats impressive im sure that if i go for it and when they take it to rs tuning they sort out the custom map hopefully my car will be around that mark. was there any mods on the car before it has the conversion?

Reaction score
Ben, let me know how you progress, a LPT is something i've been considering (not for competing though) i've weighed up the options, ie cams, throttle bodies and i'm not sure any of them offer any real advantage £ for £

While the clio doesn't lack in the corners (could be better though) it certainly lacks on the straights.

One thing to note though, is that turbo won't make your car quick unless you use it right, for instance at the recent cadwell trackday there was a blue supercharged/turbo'd (one of the other) 182 there, while he was quicker in straight line, under braking and through the corners it was no better an dthen driver commitment came in, hence overall he was considerably slower lap on lap. I'll see if i can dig a video out of the difference between my T and his 182.

Chris

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
In terms of performance I think just an aftermarket exhaust w/decat.

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Chris its not me who has it fitted mate, im just repeating what ive been told from the guy who does have one fitted. :)

Reaction score
BenG said:
In terms of performance I think just an aftermarket exhaust w/decat.

same here exhaust with new sports cat and ik, il be happy if its around the same as that trophy, but i know its rare to find a standard with the actual 179 bhp so everyone trophy will be different

Reaction score
BenG said:
Chris its not me who has it fitted mate, im just repeating what ive been told from the guy who does have one fitted. :)

I know that Ben #-o
The op is called Ben too :lol:

Although off topic, did you get a trackday booked? what about the Renault sport day at Cadwell next month, it's Tuesday 11th and only costs £119, probably only be about 30-40 cars on track too, so fairly quiet for your 1st one.

Chris

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
You will get similar figures mate, slightly less if you dont have a decat I would imagen, but not my much !

The kit looks very tidy and sounds awesome 8)

I dont have much knowledge of Turbos other than how they work etc but the LPT conversion runs 7psi which I dont think is alot so it shouldnt put too much extra strain on the components if you drive it with extra care, especially in 1st and 2nd gears. Ive been told it doesnt come in with a kick and the power curve is more linear than you would think which helps this.

I know that Ben
The op is called Ben too

Although off topic, did you get a trackday booked? what about the Renault sport day at Cadwell next month, it's Tuesday 11th and only costs £119, probably only be about 30-40 cars on track too, so fairly quiet for your 1st one.

Chris

Ah yes ! what a complete tool I am :lol:

I didnt get a track day booked, I was hoping to get in at Croft but it was full and I cant find any other days in the near future. Ill have a look into the RS day at Cadwell then, Do they have instructors on the RS days ?

Cheers.

Reaction score
Ha! just found out who has the conversion done to their trophy, with help from search tool!!

Ben182 i will give you a clue... The number of his Trophy is a number between 1 and 500 :lol:

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Some say that he is too afraid to own up to it because he will be hung by the Trophy purists ! :wink: