Reaction score
the chap told me it was about 168 bhp before i got the remap so i was guessing there abouts but very suprised it came out at 185.5, corrected is 186.7. im running ultra performance exhaust, 2.5 bore 200 cell cat, viper ik with caf and induction hose. feels really torquey now i like 2nd and 3rd pulls really hard. when its on cam though i can feel the extra power its really manic now. been told to let it bed in too overall though very happy, also chap said it was one of the most powerful clios hes done

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Those are very good figures though it would have been nicer if the torque had been closer to the 160 mark. They are quite odd figures as well though, the graph shows a marked increase at about 6500 when normally they fall off a cliff. i'd be interested to see what George says as his was done at the same place (though that looks to be a different printout so they may have changed the dyno)

Reaction score
My former car was done on a dyno race r/r - it was quite new, so I would be surprised if they have changed it. The torque is about the same, but the stunning thing is the way it hangs on after 6,500, all the way to 7,200 plus, which is a real break through - hence the high bhp. Can understand that everyone is very impressed. Notice also that the 5k hump has been minimised. Do you have a figure pre all mods?

Reaction score
George K said:
My former car was done on a dyno race r/r - it was quite new, so I would be surprised if they have changed it. The torque is about the same, but the stunning thing is the way it hangs on after 6,500, all the way to 7,200 plus, which is a real break through - hence the high bhp. Can understand that everyone is very impressed. Notice also that the 5k hump has been minimised. Do you have a figure pre all mods?

i thought i would get a before graph too but he did say about i gained just under 20 bhp and think about 15 ft/lb torque. thats a huge gain for a remap. it was done with the cold air feed disconected so just the viper filter on its own. ive connected caf back to see if theres any difference and its about the same. the 5k kick is awesome follows all the way through with no loss of power, its rare to see on a trophy or for that matter any 182 of any kind. im loving my trophy even more :D

Reaction score
Thats a pretty good curve there, i'd be interested to hear more about normal 182's loosing it after 6600rpm.
clearly that's where yours is impresive.
Chris

Reaction score
George K said:

George - looking at the dyno race r/r graph shows the following HP figures compared to Ben's numbers:

5k 130 vs 137 (Ben's)
5.5k 158 vs 162 (Ben's)
6k 171 vs 170 (Ben's)
6.5k 181 vs 177 (Ben's)

So Ben's is slightly ahead early on but is behind after 6k.

'Our' graph shows:

BEFORE
Engine Power 171.7 at 6695
Corrected Power 168.4
Toque 140.4 at 5750

AFTER
Engine Power 185.3HP at 6730
Corrected Power 181.9
Toque 152.5 at 5460

Reaction score
its a good comparison to george's graph. think the cat cams played a good part near the top end. what gets me is the difference with engine power. george's 185.3 at 6730 and mine 185.5 at 7220, i had the limiter raised to 7500rpm what about you george what was your rev limiter?

Reaction score
Ben - looking at graph it looks like HP falls off quite quickly...

7185 = 180
7375 = 170
7875 = 160

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Good result there Ben 8) . Interesting comparing yours and George's figures. I wont even bother comparing mine to yours as they are quite different ?!

Reaction score
Ben(G) - to me, it looks like you are getting more HP for less revs right across the range but mostly between 80HP (3300 vs 3000 for you) and 130HP 4900 vs 4500 for you). After 130HP there is little difference between our 2 cars.

Although mine has cat cams yours has the RS exhaust, which might help low down breathing?

Reaction score
Think Marrow has all the graphs - standard - mods plus generic map and then Chipped UK. Rev limiter was raised by the generic map to 7,500. One would expect the power to fall away in the early 7's unless the cams are very aggressive - the AWT/CAT cams were very similar to standard. The interesting thing about these results is that the peak is as late as 7,2. The other differences could well be r/r or different other mods.

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Ben(G) - to me, it looks like you are getting more HP for less revs right across the range but mostly between 80HP (3300 vs 3000 for you) and 130HP 4900 vs 4500 for you). After 130HP there is little difference between our 2 cars.

Although mine has cat cams yours has the RS exhaust, which might help low down breathing?

Perhaps? Is this the case with the before runs also ?

Reaction score
It doesn't, a proper remap should have changed the map in the ecu, so it should work straight away, if it doesn't it never will.

I've heard people mention this before, and i can't understand why companies are telling customers this :?

Chris

Reaction score
The f4r engine is supposed to get better with more miles on them perhaps that's what he means altho I,d agree with 480 it should work now not later.

Reaction score
I think that there may be a grain of truth in the re-learning thing. Road cars systems are closed loop and as such take information from the O2/lambda sensors - and so may iterate the operating parameters so as to allow for variations in the sensors. Doubt if it takes very long - it is often quoted as inmproving the idle quality. However it could be an 'old wive's tale', as was the one about disconnecting the battery for a while so as to cancel the 'learned' settings - particularly in terms of ignition that had retarded for poor quality fuel - am sure it no longers applies, likewise the idea of cracking a radio safety code by leaving it in the fridge over-night, or putting a half squash ball over the keyhole on a Granada to override the central locking - and no, I am not a reformed criminal - not a good enough liar for that!!