Reaction score
Chaps,

I have picked up a Trophy recently and in my ignorance, have bought from a dealer (p/x) but the car has no cat. It has a decat onto a miltek unit and is way to loud for me! It was MOTd before i collected and passed so no idea how that happened and to be honest, will be claling the dealer over the weekend to ''enquire'' and ideally get some assistance financing the alternative as they have effectively sold me a non compliant car.

Having owned plenty enthusiast cars, i can not fathom how i did not realise there was no cat in place but to be honest, on idle and gentle driving, its not mental loud, only when the loud pedal is pressed hard!

Where have you guys (if any) bought replacement cats from at reasonable prices? Or am i better going with a miltek hi flow number or will this still be super loud?

Cheers

Chris

Reaction score
Cheers for the comments guys. Out of interest, has anyone paired the ktec manifold with the sports cat and cat back system? What kind of sound do you think would come out?

Reaction score
Ok cheers guys. I'm trying to minimise noise level to be honest so limited options. On another note, anyone had the flange from manifold to cat break in one of the eye holes? The bolt is hanging out it appears as the loop is burst. I'm hoping this is a repair job rather than a new manifold, but.............

Plenty cats online for the 182 but anyone actually used one or had one fitted by an independent for less than 500 quid or so? Renault are up to 2500 now for a cat lol.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
From what you are describing it sounds like the bolts have worked loose and the metal top hat bush that sits in the manifold flange has dropped out. You get replacement top hat bushes if you get a new joint kit.

Reaction score
Chris - did you ever get this sorted? (both the cat and the manifold) - give me a pm if you read this - for some reason i cant pm you as the pm link isnt there...