Reaction score
i was having a chat with some of the lads at work about cars and one of the new guys at work is getting picked up from his brother who has an evo vi tommi makinen in silver, i asked if he could take us out in it as i was thinking of getting one so me mate a work rang up his bro and asked for me and he said its fine and i could even have a little drive. im quite exited, if its really that good what people are saying im going to have a think again, il let you know how i get on tomorrow, i might even ask if he wants a duel with the mighty trophy that'l be good to compare

Reaction score
great cars, one of my dad's mates had one in red a few years back, in fact got sum pix of it somewhere i can dig out of my pc. God it shifted...

Reaction score
I test drove one before i bought the Trophy, it was a friend of a friends car. Only drove it approx 4 mile but it was a nice car, only problem was there was a knock on the front suspension which he had priced up at £1200 to get fixed, he was going to give me the £1200 off the price but i couldnt be bothered with the hastle of getting it fixed.

Reaction score
My brother had a 6 a couple of years ago, it wasn't a TME but it was modded to a great spec. I drove it numerous times (standard and modified) and tracked it too. They are great cars but a tad dull to drive when you get used to the straight line speed. The trophy is obviously plenty slower in a straight line but much more entertaining to drive. Evo's do fly through the straights and corners though, but even so he would do well to lose a trophy through certain roads.

You will definately enjoy it though, its almost annoying how effortlessly they pick up speed when you get back in the clio. :lol:

Reaction score
ive finally had a test drive in the evo t.m.e and i have to say what a car!, it felt strange at first really big and quite heavy compared to my trophy, its bonkers fast you get through the gears really quick. i managed to take it on some back roads where i take my trophy to sometimes and the grip is brilliant, he told me to go flat out through some tight corners and it really does stick. it has more grip than the trophy and can carry more speed through corners and out of but it feels too grown up while my trophy is more engaging and more rewarding for me when i drive it. the active yaw control is really clever itl keep you on the road still if you make small mistakes but just thinking thats doing the hard work for you where the trophy you feel like your the one in control and your the one putting in the small inputs not the computer. i love the evo but think its just a little big and heavy and too expensive to run, the trophy can do everything the evo can just in a smaller package and sometimes it can do all that on 3 wheels . my vote trophy wins for me :D

Reaction score
ben182trophy said:
the active yaw control is really clever itl keep you on the road still if you make small mistakes :D
I wouldnt let that fool you, i remember a lad who one of my mates worked with, he came to the pub in his brand new evo, he took my mate up a long road which even in the Trophy i would imagine i could reach 130mph, at the top of the road is a medium size roundabout which has just about every different camber / angle on it you can imagine.
1 hour later my mate came back and the lad who had took him out had lost control on the roundabout and smashed into a wall, totally wrote off the Evo, he had just picked it up 6 hours earlier. My mate said all he did was go around the roundabout and as he was about to straighten up he put his foot down and the Evo just went mad and slid into the wall.

Also i bloke i work with had one for 2 years, he asked me one day if i wanted to buy it, when i asked why he said he was going to end up killing himself in it because it makes you feel like you can do any speed you want around a corner. He also added he had lost control 1 too many times, and the last time was too close for comfort, 1 week later he sold it and bought a Audi A4.
Not knocking the Evo, i fancy a MR FQ 340, Red with black alloys, splitter and spoiler, awsome car. One of my mates said he is going to buy the one same one after Christmas, and knowing him he will. :evil: :D

Reaction score
I know someone who a few months back bought a brand new blue evo X ...... and they same night he wrote it off on a roundabout!