Caliper colour decision

Reaction score
Well I've finally got round to getting the tyres back on the newly refurbished rims. I've had all summer to spray up the calipers but in my wisdom I've left it until the winter months!!

Anyway I'm just deciding on caliper colour. Nothing loud or even red so I'm really looking at silver/grey or black

I am intending to spray them as I like the spray finish rather than brush.

I'm inclined towards silver/grey/aluminium colour front and rear or that colour for the front and black rears

Any thoughts

I'm guessing originally they would have been some sort of passivate coated in a silver colour.

Reaction score
Nothing like leaving it to the cold to do some painting. I always liked the silver painted brakes stands out from behind the wheels and looks oem

Reaction score
Very true. I tied myself up a bit by putting the car on axle stands on the drive while the wheels were done, every time I had inspiration it was windy!
I've got a big garage but it was full of the old kitchen units, they have gone now and I can get the car back in so it's off with the wheels again and space heater on !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Coal colour, right, can you still get that colour since Maggie shut all the pits [emoji3]

Reaction score
Any pics of original colour anyone ?

Reaction score
I am going to try and redo them in this coal colour mentioned. I think. Is it worth blowing a clear coat over them when painted or just leave them in the base colour

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I went for silver as I was wanting the oem look. Pretty happy! Silver seems to hide the dirt surprisingly well!

IMG_5479.JPG