Reaction score
when are these cars supposed to be out??

I saw a black one this morning whilst walking into work. It had either a demo plate or a foreign plate on it, couldn't really tell.

Looked nice, fairly aggressive but a bit too futuristic for my liking...very Astra VXR sort of look to it. Had 2 huge triangular exhausts.

I did like it as I drove past and really had a good look at it...i do quite like them but couldn't ever drive round in something that futuristic looking. The rear lights are far too high and there is nothing from the lights to the exhausts.

anyone else seen one on the road??

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
they came out last week - I test drove one with my brother-in-law who was thinking of buying one.... after the test drive he just said 'doesn't compare to yours really, does it?' needless to say he isn't now.

Think i've turned him onto a BMW 330CD.

Reaction score
March 1st, yes, saw one two days ago in balck, looked great until it went past, I too hate the back, it is far too high and doesn't look like a 'sporty', more like (dare I say it) a Blade Runner Bread Van?

The interior is lovely though, particularly the steering wheel, gorgeous seats and alloy gear knob.

Reaction score
saw one in red on the M25.... liked it but the bodykit looks very stuck on imo.

i do quite like the space age design of it all inside tho :D

Reaction score
spotted a black one cruising down my street earlier.

looked pretty good at the front but that back end is too strange for my liking

it reminds me of one of those freaky tomorrows world style programmes about what we'd all be driving in 2020 or something lol

mind you the girly driving it looked tasty.... i bet she had a far cuter back end too :lol:

Reaction score
I test drove one last Tuesday, and all i can say is its a TOTAL load of S**T compared with the 02 reg civic type r that i had about 2 yrs ago.
The standard the old school 02 reg had loads of kick when the V-Tec came in.
This new civic wasent anything like it, the V-Tec gives not as much of a kick as the old model which is what i loved about it.
The New Type r also looks Terrible is dosent look sporty and dosent compare to the old Type r in any way, the alloys are dreadful.
The only thing i liked about the car was the new interior which i found that the dash was just based on the bogo model civic dash with a few extra sporty parts fitted.
I found it truly boring and was relieved to get back into my Trophy to drive home.
I told the Honda guy that i had owned the old civic R and this was just a really bad replacement of one of the best hot hatches on the market but i think he must have been told this before as he didnt look suprised.

Id save some money and buy a Integra Type - R dc-5 with some proper V-Tec Grunt!!!

But i guess this new model Civic Type-R will bring the value down on the old model Type-R 2000-2005 which is good news as its a much better car in my opinion.

Reaction score
Everyone seems to think the wheels are going to come off the old model CTR values but 53/04/54 are around half price the new model. The very late 'Final Edition' cars might struggle since the Honda dealers are asking about £14500 trade for them. Seems a bit rich. Having said that, if there was a real new model backlash - maybe they'd suddenly be as popular as Trophys!

BTW just traded a 197 as I didn't really fancy it. Says it all really.

Reaction score
artdealer said:
Is that the one you had a stock picture of on the allvehicles website?

Reaction score
I think that the trouble with the Civic's styling, which certainly looks very modern and was very brave/bold/foolhardy of Honda, is that it is actually very quirky and as a result will date equally quickly - then no one will want them. I know people rave about the V-Tec kick, but that really is because they are gutless wonders until the changeover point and you have to drive them hard to get any performance - as a result the fuel consumption is not good even in normal motoring.

Reaction score
What I don't understand is their all made in this country (or at least I thought they were) and yet we get the crap version. The JDM has 4 doors, lsd, brembo brakes, better wheels, 1270kg, probably more power and was as quick as the dc5 round a Japanese test track.

Reaction score
duffer987 said:
artdealer said:
Is that the one you had a stock picture of on the allvehicles website?

No, they are new (del miles - pre reg) cars. None of the used 197's have touched the deck as I trade them all. Maybe I'm missing the point, but they don't exactly fly away at £13995 let alone selling a used one for (say) £12995. I really would rather have an 04 or 54 plate CTR up at around £11995. I think 197 are main dealer cars for now. If I could buy one cheap enough I'd like to create my own Cup version.

Reaction score
i spotted a nicely specced 06 plate one with 5k miles up for £12900 - by nicely specced i mean every option ticked.... growing on me slowly and having had an unaccompanied test drive yesterday i quite liked it, but not sure i liked it enough to part with the Trophy for it.... additional car in a years time maybe if the price is right!

Reaction score
Why bother Gareth, doesn't really do anything the Trophy doesn't, isn't as good a driver's car and isn't as fast. More room maybe? I think therein lies the problem, even if they reduced the weight and sorted the electric steering which would sort the apparent lack of torque and the steering feedback, it still wouldn't have that kart feel, big engine - small car, the quality that made the 205 GTI/Williams so special. As it stands though it weighs more than an original 4WD 300bhp Impreza or RWD E30 M3, as does the new CTR, not acceptable for this supposedly small 'supermini' class of hatchback.

I think the new CTR and 197 are great cars in their own right, just no longer comparable to old school hot hatches, too refined, too big and not enough 'character'. In fear of sounding like the old whingebag Gordon Murray here - this cannot be said of the MK2 RS Clio as the 172 Cup was only 31kg heavier than the Williams, and the Trophy only 79kg heavier than that, that's 110kg in 10 years, not 150kg in one! Safety smafety, I won't be trading 'up' until they start using lighter materials to bring the weight down again and say rats to the rear legroom! If I want a family car, I'll buy an Impreza thank you.

Reaction score
If we had that in the UK, I would be hankering after one, SOOOOOOOO much nicer in every way than our nasty under-torqued uber-MPV.

Why can't they get 159 ft lbf out of the UK Type-R engine? It would destroy the competition in performance terms then, fit the LSD too FFS.

This seems to be a direct replacement for the Integra DC5, am I right? Or will there be an even better Japan only new Integra?

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
i wouldn't have thought they'd do another integra with this onver there - it's the nartural successor... what a car... why haven't they launched it over here???

That's a car that'd tempt me....

Reaction score
It would be the perfect car to run alongside a caterham or something similar, I wish they sold them here as a proper UK car.