Reaction score
It might seem like a bit of an odd swap (long story), but I'm on the cusp of selling my 08' M6 and looking at some alternatives.

I nearly bought the original 172 but got a MINI instead, and have always had a hankering for a RenaultSport Clio. But got some boring questions as the M6 wasn't the most popular decision with my wife and I need to answer some sensible questions...

1) I have to drive from SW London up to Land Rover's base at Gaydon once a week. It's a round trip of about 200 miles. What's the Trophy like on the motorway? I'm assuming okay.
2) Average real world MPG? I've seen 30+ from general forums?
3) From what I read, it does have ISOFIX in the back for kids seats?
4) Can it get a reasonably sized buggy in the book (looks okay to me)?
5) Were there any options on the Trophy? Couldn't find a sticky or post that was 100% (sure there is one though)

Think that is everything off the top of my head, thanks in advance for responses :)

Reaction score
1) Easy just once a week
2) My old one returned about 33mpg with mostly round town and weekend blasts
3) Seem to remember putting Jnr in the back, and pretty sure he was ISOFIX'd in
4) Hmmm, the reason I sold was because the buggy didn't fit without taking the wheels off. Was an iCandy
5) Didn't think there were any options on the T, but happy to be corrected

Reaction score
Trophy No.
1) Not the greatest motorway steed but once a week will be fine.
2) 37 mixed is the norm for me.
3) Yep though those Recaro seats take up a lot of space even tilted forward.
4) No idea, though don't see why not.
5) No options, poverty spec apart from those Trophy bits that make the car everything it is.

Reaction score
I can answer number 4 you can get a oyster pushchair in the boot or a stroller but they will only go in certain ways and then you have no room in the boot for anything else?.

What you do at gaydon?

I work for landrover and im going past there soon to go on training in lemington.

Reaction score
Definitely agree that the 182 Trophy is not a motorway cruiser, but should be okay to use once a week. However, if you decide to take the scenic route via the 'twistiest' (just made it up) B roads you can find, then you couldn't find a better tool :)

Reaction score
Thank you everyone, really helpful.

Thought it would probably be okay once a week, was overtaken by someone in a standard 182 Cup today, so can't be that bad. And like you say, sure I can find a more twisty route. :)

Considering I seem to get around 15 mpg in the M6, anything over 30 is pretty good for me!

Doh on the buggy. We have a small McLaren which fits in everything, and a Phil and Teds. I might need to test that.

I work for one of Land Rover's marketing agencies, and work from their offices once a week. Hopefully selling the M6 in the next couple of weeks, and then will start looking properly for a Trophy. Given up trying to find anything that can replace the M6 properly so decided to try something completely different.