Reaction score
Irecently purchased a Liquid Yellow Clio 182 on 30k from Robin and James atProline Performance in Milton Keynes.

Onfirst inspection, all looked good, and it was the only Liquid Yellow 182 thathad the factory sat nav fitted, so I went away pretty happy at £5250.

Duringmy commute to work I notice a slight knocking noise, with it being a new car Ihad wanted to get it checked over anyway, so this spurred me on to take it toFred @ BTM in Birmingham. I am very particular about who touches my cars, butit would appear Fred is the expert in all things Clio based so I was happy totrust him with my new purchase.

Duringthis inspection we make the first rather odd discovery. A stray sensor on thedrive shaft, that leads to a whole load of weird looking bits and pieces boltedbeneath the dashboard and to the pedals. On closer inspection it would appearthis is a kit to electronically operate the clutch that has been fitted andhalf removed. Perhaps not the end of the world but I would rather not have allthat on my car.

70927ad3.jpg

088d884e.jpg

625bcf4a.jpg

We thenmoved on to looking at the engine bay, which is when Fred gave me the brilliantnews that my 2004 182 in fact had a phase 1 172 engine.

047ec81c.jpg

A fullreport on this is being written by Fred, and I am sure that he will make thisavailable for anyone who wishes to read it.

I willnot go in to complete detail, but eventually I was able to settle on a returnfigure of £5000. I don't doubt that I was within my rights for a full refundbased on breach of contract due to breaking the Sale of Goods Act 1979, howevera settlement of £5000 meant there were no court costs or extended periods ofwaiting without a car to get around in.

The daybefore I returned the car, and whilst still in discussion as to the amount thatwould be returned to me, I found this advert.

http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-motorbikes/liquid-yellow-182-immaculate-sat-nav-fully-loaded-low-miles-milton-keynes-5795/96826044

Youwill spot that those pictures match the ones on my Photobucket account, thatthe seller requested to ensure that the car had not been damaged in any waywhilst in my ownership. You will also spot that it is still being advertised asa 182 with cup packs. It does not have cup packs, and it does not have a 182engine. The seller is aware of both of these points.

Myphotobucket album -

http://s200.photobucket.com/albums/aa91/axxnxxdxxy/Clio 182 Inspection/

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Bit of a copy/paste colour fail there, and I can't seem to find the edit button to rectify the font colour?

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Seen this on CS and read all about it and freds report also.

Also see that its still up for sale

Reaction score
The Electro Clutch may have been fitted for someone with a false/No use of their legs

The Phase 1 engine is a little worrying though.