Best car battery for 182 Trophy

Oracle

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
It`s too long if you have an induction kit, but I have a Yuasa YBX5100, 5 year warranty 75 AH, 710 CCA.
It certainly put a stop to the failing to start at the first attempt malarkey .
20-12-02 YUASA 5000 063 A.jpg

Reaction score
I use a Varta 520Ah (063 size) The 63 is the correct size for the car and will give you the most room for an induction kit should you want it before going to a super small AGM or LiFe04 race battery
Cars a daily driver, always has plenty of poke spinning the F4R over :)

SMJ

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I'm after a new battery. The T has that problem whereby the battery fails to recharge properly, but I'm buying my new battery in advance so that I can jump start and limp to TwoTechs. What's the latest recommendation on battery choice please? A decent brand not super-budget. Thanks

Chipper

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
I run a Cteck 3.8 ms charger on my Clio Williams and the Trophy. They are attached all the time, so there is never a chance the battery isnt full should you need to start, or move them. Get yourself one of these and the brand of the battery is negligible. Before I had a Cteck, I replaced a quality battery in the Williams because it was drained despite the car having done a few miles in a couple of years. Now I don’t need to worry👍. The chargers work out around £67 plus £10ish for the extension clip to reach from a socket…but it is worth it for the peace of mind that if you need to shift the car, you always have charge😊👍