Reaction score
Lol I know this is a longshot

My dampers have been away for refurb for over 3 weeks now and I get a different excuse everyday.

I am doing a trackday at donnington this Monday 25Th July. I need to borrow some dampers for the day :D

Obviously would pay if they were damaged and happy to pay for your inconvenience lending them to me.

Car is in Segensworth between Portsmouth and Southampton

Reaction score
I bet you are waiting for new shafts? I had mine refurbed and also had to wait three weeks plus. They come direct from germany and seems BG find it difficult to get them quickly!

Borrow dampers for a track day? :shock:

Very long shot considering noones gonna have a spare pair which means their car will will be out of action. Plus they borrower will need to take them of the car (time) plus they're gonna be tracked? Geez i wouldn't be prepared to have mine tracked. (Potential dramas) Plus post them post them out to you. (Money)

Borrow? I think you selected the wrong word there :eek:

Reaction score
Buy a pair of cheap 182 Cup dampers. You sell them on later after you have refurb dampers fitted to recoup some of the cost.

Reaction score
Trophy237 said:
I bet you are waiting for new shafts? I had mine refurbed and also had to wait three weeks plus. They come direct from germany and seems BG find it difficult to get them quickly!

Borrow dampers for a track day? :shock:

Very long shot considering noones gonna have a spare pair which means their car will will be out of action. Plus they borrower will need to take them of the car (time) plus they're gonna be tracked? Geez i wouldn't be prepared to have mine tracked. (Potential dramas) Plus post them post them out to you. (Money)

Was a long shot but was thinking of someone local for whom it is a second car

Don't ask don't get...

Reaction score
azrael said:
Trophy237 said:

I've offered my car in the past to help out others in need :)

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10343&p=89946#p89946

If I broked them then I would obviously replace as mentioned

Where's Sir_Dave when you need him lol

No you didn't! You offered car parts which with a rear end scrape what could he of possibly needed? Rear bumper? PSML

Gonna have to declair my self out and say in five days it will never happen. Good luck!

Do as stated above and buy 182 dampers, that or sell you track day will you still got time!

Reaction score
Trophy237 said:
azrael said:
Trophy237 said:

I've offered my car in the past to help out others in need :)

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10343&p=89946#p89946

If I broked them then I would obviously replace as mentioned

No you didn't! You offered car parts which with a rear end scrape what could he of possibly needed? Rear bumper? PSML

Gonna have to declair my self out and say in five days it will never happen. Good luck!

Do as stated above and buy 182 dampers, that or sell you track day will you still got time!

No need to be mean, besides I offered him anything he needed. No sense of community :)

Just trying to show I'm not some flash in the pan.

Worse comes to the worst I'll just buy another one

Reaction score
Not trying to be mean buddy just trying to be a realist. Your potentially asking people you don't even know to take the most expensive part of their car off and send them to you! As you took them off the car you self i'm sure your fully aware how tight the two bolts connecting the damper to the disc are? (F**king ridiculas for anyone who doesn't know!)

The word "borrow" suggests a favour. That is no favour in my opinion. It would have to be a family member or a very close friend whose situation would most probably not be what is required for what your asking.

It's great you are offering parts to other forum member that's great sportsmanship, But in the real world this simply won't work. It'll take more than five days if they are posted. If you collect that narrows down your chances. This is some crazy feet your wanting to pull off!

Just sell your ticket and buy another one later in the year?

Reaction score
No worries chap, It was aimed at anyone that was local and I had met before. I would have paid for my local garage to swap them over. I wouldn't have expected someone the otherside of the country to take them off and post them. I should have been more specific.

I may just buy the trophy as per my other thread as a short term measure

I had two spots booked on the day, and both cars are still in the garage

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I've a spare set you could have for a small charge plus deposit to make sure i got them back, although I'm not exactly local to Portsmouth lol

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I'm a little closer but you would need to pick them up and leave your daughters as deposit.

Reaction score
azrael said:

Sorry Steve, was out last night so didnt see the post.

Typical response from here tbh, 'OMG you're going to use them on a track', 'they might get broken'. FFS.

Would happily have lent you mine, but derv is up for sale so not using it at the mo (to keep the mileage off it).

I'd get hold of cliospares & see if they have some 182 cup dampers on the shelf, im breaking a non-cup at the moment, but the sodding dampers wont fit yours im afraid. Alternatively, try & get hold off Fred @ BTM, his teaboy Sam has a Trophy & might be able to lend you his/might have a spare set knocking around.

FYI - to all those worried about lending Azrael something. The guys normal trackcar is a M3 CSL for god's sake, im sure he would pay for any damage!!!

If you are buying a car to do it in, this man is pretty much desperate:
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthre ... Trophy-309\500-£5200ono

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Dave not all of us know this guy like you and peeps are obviously going to be slightly nervous about lending units that are expensive and will cost a lot to repair/replace if something were to go wrong.Even so the offer has been made by several.

Reaction score
Cue said:
I've a spare set you could have for a small charge plus deposit to make sure i got them back, although I'm not exactly local to Portsmouth lol

Thanks for the offer I guess a bit too far, If I had more time I would for sure, thanks so much

hoolio said:
I'm a little closer but you would need to pick them up and leave your daughters as deposit.

No daughters :) but could get them collected if they are spare?

Sir_Dave said:
azrael said:

Sorry Steve, was out last night so didnt see the post.

Typical response from here tbh, 'OMG you're going to use them on a track', 'they might get broken'. FFS.

Would happily have lent you mine, but derv is up for sale so not using it at the mo (to keep the mileage off it).

I'd get hold of cliospares & see if they have some 182 cup dampers on the shelf, im breaking a non-cup at the moment, but the sodding dampers wont fit yours im afraid. Alternatively, try & get hold off Fred @ BTM, his teaboy Sam has a Trophy & might be able to lend you his/might have a spare set knocking around.

FYI - to all those worried about lending Azrael something. The guys normal trackcar is a M3 CSL for god's sake, im sure he would pay for any damage!!!

If you are buying a car to do it in, this man is pretty much desperate:
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthre ... Trophy-309\500-£5200ono

Thanks Dave, and no worries I know its lastminute.com ! Thanks for the character un-assasination :D

Reaction score
hoolio said:
Dave not all of us know this guy like you and peeps are obviously going to be slightly nervous about lending units that are expensive and will cost a lot to repair/replace if something were to go wrong.Even so the offer has been made by several.

Totally appreciate that, I did say it was aimed at anyone local or that I had met before... albeit not in my first post, did apologise for that.

I knew it was a big ask for some, if they were beyond repair I would have replaced them no probs

Appreciate everyones offers, outstanding! =D>

Reaction score
hoolio said:
Anything happening here, not heard..........

I've been busy all day with consultants at work unfortunately. I've been promised my dampers will be ready tomorrow morning. But I'm not holding my breath...

Hoolio if you offer is genuine and my shocks aren't ready could you pm me your number in case? I could have them collected tomorrow.

This has been a nightmare lol

My CSL is out of action for the trackday (awaiting parts from Germany) the clio is up in the air and has been for 3 weeks at my friends garage. Bought another M3 and brakes to use for the day, borrowed some CSL seats from a friend. My friend is picking that car up tomorrow from Milton Keynes and driving it back down.

Fingers crossed it all comes together