Reaction score
Polished this Integra with Autoglym High Gloss polish (black label). Highly recommended at the price (both car and polish!) and made this car and the 330 Conv look superb.

Recommended as a quick fix too - I don't have all day like some of you guys!

20006.jpg

20007.jpg

Reaction score
Looking good Steve! Both very shiny 8)

If its black label Autoglym i reckon it'll be Ultra Deep Shine - i've been very impressed with this product in the past. Its meant for dark colours - blacks, greys etc and thats what i originally used it on. However, i have to say it also gave cracking results on the Trophy too.

Reaction score
Thing that always tells me Autoglym is going to work is the huge amount that I use! It just disappears into the car....

As my old man commentates at their classic car concourses, I lay my hands on a seemingly endless supply of freebies too :twisted:

Reaction score
Time to get a power polisher - I tried the Meguiars Gold Class (I think that's what it's called. I'm getting all these names wrong like a geriatric!) but polishing off the dried article nearly killed me.

They are shinier in rerality than the pics suggest, hence my being impressed.

Thanks for the correction CHL.

Reaction score
LOL at Cue, just can't help your self you northern poser!

That Black DC5 is gorgeous, If I ever get one (which I probably won't, I'll just jump straight for a JDM Civic) it'll be black with black wheels, it just scares other cars off the road.

Reaction score
Steve said:
I'll just jump straight for a JDM Civic it'll be black with black wheels, it just scares other cars off the road.

Don't make em black Steve :wink:

Championship White, Artic Blue & Satin Silver iirc.

Steve - The cars look very smart.

Reaction score
You misquoted me! I said I'd get a DC5 in black (I'd have the OE wheels sprayed gloss black and a carbon bonnet wouldn't look quite as obvious) The JDM Civic will be CW of course. I've seen this Black DC5 and it looks gorgeous, even when I had my DC2 new car blinkers on I wanted it bad.

Reaction score
Cue, the 330 Conv is up at £21000. Drives beautifully, sounds great with the top down :)

The Teg has now been clay barred and re-waxed, we're trying different stuff. It's MEGA now. The black has a blue flick in it which is much more apparent now. If you can imagine the most midnight blue ever (99% black) you're there.

We also barred the black gold 182 and that looks more gold. I am seeing the point of it.

Reaction score
All looking good Steve,

as always i have to say!!!

Looking forward to heading back down to get my new wheels very soon!!!!

Reaction score
How easy is this 'clay barring'?

I thought about buying a kit and giving it a go but didn't wanna feck the job up :?

Just to tide it over until I get my hand in my pocket for some Permaguard treatment

Reaction score
Easy to do - there's a Meguiars kit in Halfords for about £20 with all the kit required. After the fluid has been applied you can't really mess up the paint with the consistency of the clay bar - all you're doing is removing the minerals and imperfections held in the surface. Do half a bonnet once or twice and step back you'll see what I mean. There's plenty of detailing info on the net to get the idea. What is confusing to the uninitiated is the amount of different products, polishes, pads and buffers.

The Permaguard, Supagard or Diamondbrite route is prob best for someone who doesn't have the time to devote to cleaning and polishing and likes the convenience of just washing off and leathering. There's quite a bit of smoke and mirrors with polymer protectors IMO.