hyb

Reaction score
Autocar supliment ' The Art of Car Control' Few pages in there with some nice pics of the trophy, not read it yet but thought i'd give you lot a heads up :)

Reaction score
PMSL i am nearly there now on 600 miles so not long.

Only downside is by the time i have run the car in petrol will cost £2.00 a litre :cry:

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
600 miles! Sounds like its in serious need of a track day if you ask me :p

Reaction score
soon soon, give me chance to get used to driving it on the road.

Shitted myself up big time today on the way home, pulled out thinking i was in second and floored it and all hell broke lose looked down an i was in first with the TC light flashig and the steering wheel pulling everywhere but where it should of been LOL :lol:

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Say hello to Mr Torque Steer :D

Me and Day were talking about that the other day. I remember when I first got the 172 it was all over the place when you booted it. Now I barely ever notice it. I think over time you automatically compensate with a bit of corrective steering without having to think about it.

Flooring it with one hand on the steering wheel soon provides a reminder though :shock:

Reaction score
Yeah i dont think me and Mr T Steer are going to get on that well at the moment :D

I think i may wait until next year to put the car on the track just so i can get used to the way in which the poweris delivered.

Still, loads of fun even if i have stained the seats :D

Day

Reaction score
I waited about 8 months to get used to the power before any kind of unrestricted pedal abuse :lol:

Reaction score
Thats a good point actually. i don't notice the torque steer on my 172 any more. At first I thought it was horrific - especially when overtaking etc.

After getting used to it you probably compensate for it without even realising.

And yes, first gear is fucking savage. lol.

Reaction score
I am so glad its happend to the rest of you, I have know learnt to pull of junctions and round abouts in second now.

Still love the way the car pulls. Not as quick as my old Calibra Turbo buts its the fact you can carry silly speeds into corners that really you should be breaking into.

The cop behind me last night relised that when i went through a series of corners at 50 when really i should have scrubbed at least 10mph of the clock. The copper caught up with me and had a huge grin on his face, and just put his had up in appreication. :D

Reaction score
Can anyone scan in the Autocar article please :?: I'm in France at the moment and they give Autocar a miss here!

Reaction score
If it's a problem I'll pm you with my email address - is that OK ?
Cheers !

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Hadn't better have it posted directly on the site for copyright reasons, but if you want to attach it to a PM then I guess that would be ok. :)

hyb

Reaction score
Good idea :) I'll email you it later today! AT my girlfriends at the mo and the mags at home